Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which usb gps device are supported ? official list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which usb gps device are supported ? official list ?

hi !

in the wireless monitor FAQ, you speak about garmin usb 20x device like wireless monitor wna handle.
    But this one, is not availabe anywhere.
    Also, there is the garmin usb 18x, but, does wireless monitor can support it ?

is there other usb gps device supported ? any official list ?

thanks for yourhelp and reply

The Garmin GPS 18x USB should work with WirelessMon (though we have not tested it).

Any other USB GPS that supports NMEA 0183 and comes with a USB to Serial driver, so the device connects using a USB cable but appears as a virtual serial device, will work with WirelessMon.

Comment

Hi .... Can you tell me if this GPS receivers would work with wirelessmon 4 (http://www.bip.cl/ecommerce/index.php?modulo=busca&id_producto=8882).

I checked that is NMAE 0183 compliant, put I really don't know if it use a USB2Serial drivers, but it seems so:

Protocolo
      - NMEA-0183 V3.01
      - GPGGA, GPGLL, GPGSA, GPGSV, GPRMC, GPVTG 9600 baud, 8, N, 1
      Can you confirm that this will work? ....
      Thanks very much

Comment

The Chronos website isn't very specific (the page for that particular device is currently only displaying a 404 error). However they do seem to mention default serial settings (9600 baud, 8, N, 1) and the Chronos website seem to have several USB to serial drivers available for download so there is a good chance you can use this device with WirelessMon.

Comment

Ok... thanks, I think I'll try it, at least it's a very cheap GPS receiver (about 50 bucks).
          As soon as I try it, I'll feed back about compability.

Comment

Working...
          X