Not picking up correct MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not picking up correct MAC

I recently downloaded wirelessmon2beta6.exe and in running this beta version one of my observations is that its not registering the correct MAC for the active wireless PCMCIA card running on the Laptop.

I am running WirelessMon2beta on a Compaq Presario x6050, Windows XP/Pro/SP2 fully patched as of May 14 2006. The PCMCIA NIC is the Belkin F5D8010 [Airgo True MIMO drivers] and I am using the WZC in conjunction with the built-in Windows wireless client using WPA-PSK/AES 64 HEX Key. The AP being used is the Belkin F5D8230-4 v1002.

The Laptop does have a built-in Broadcom wireless NIC and its disabled.

Perhaps on the next build you can have the MAC address issue fixed.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, yes it has already been fixed in an unreleased build. No new beta has been released as we are expecting to do a full release very soon.

Comment

Summery screen shows the wrong MAC Address

Originally posted by TimR
      Thanks for reporting this, yes it has already been fixed in an unreleased build. No new beta has been released as we are expecting to do a full release very soon.
      I purchased the released version of WirelessMon Pro v2.0 and I see that the issue I reported has not been fixed;

For my AP;
      [1] Under the Summery Tab screen the MAC Address displayed is incorrect; what is strange is that the 1st 6 characters of the MAC address are correct but the last 6 characters of the MAC Address are wrong.
      [2] Under the IP Connection Tab screen the Adapter MAC Address displayed is correct.

Comment

The MAC address on the summary tab is that of the access point that you are connected to while the MAC address listed on the IP tab is the MAC address for the selected network card. So does the MAC address listed on the summary tab match the access point you are connected too?

Comment

Originally posted by TimR
          The MAC address on the summary tab is that of the access point that you are connected to while the MAC address listed on the IP tab is the MAC address for the selected network card. So does the MAC address listed on the summary tab match the access point you are connected too?
          Thanks. Apparently I should have RTFM.

Comment

Working...
          X