Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPA AP

Does connecting to WPA actually work?

I'm trying to connect with AES Encryption and I don't see any packets being sent using Ethereal.

WPA and WPA2 authentication are supported, and WEP AES and TKIP encryption are supported and should work. I assume you got the SSID and Authentication method and pass phrase correct?

Unfortunately a lot of cards don't return very good error information so it can be very hard to know why is doesn't work, if it doesn't work.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has seen this problem and what equipment you are using.

------
    David

Comment

I am running WPA2 TTLS and i am not sure how to connect either since ttls works with certificates. However i dont even want to connect using wirelessmon. Do you have to be connected through wirelessmon in order to map your signal strength?

Comment

If you are using vendor supplied connection software you should be able to connect to your access point using that and still get the signal strength using WirelessMon.

You don't have to be connected to an access point to see the signal strength it should still be retrieved from the card and be displayed in the list of available access points on the summary page.
        Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Dec-10-2006, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X