X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfredcruz
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
    WirelessMon will initially show the speeds as reported by Windows (which often does not show full N speeds) and this will also be affected by the network card in use (eg using a G card will only show G speeds).

Each time WirelessMon checks the available wireless networks it will also check if there are any information elements available (extra information not made available from the standard Windows speed reporting) and will process these for extra speed information. These are not always available and can take some time to appear but will show the higher speeds once processed.
    Thanks for explaining this Tim.I was wondering about the slow speed. This theory does make sense. I have 2 network cards in which one is really speedy but other lacks in performance. this info would me in that case.

Leave a comment:

• Tim (PassMark)
    replied
    WirelessMon will initially show the speeds as reported by Windows (which often does not show full N speeds) and this will also be affected by the network card in use (eg using a G card will only show G speeds).

Each time WirelessMon checks the available wireless networks it will also check if there are any information elements available (extra information not made available from the standard Windows speed reporting) and will process these for extra speed information. These are not always available and can take some time to appear but will show the higher speeds once processed.

Leave a comment:

• Edwin
    started a topic Rates supported not over 54

Rates supported not over 54

Hi.... Im using passmark wireless monitor 4. I have several 300 mbps routers configured for N only, but passmark shows 54 as part of rates supported.
    Is there a way to show the rates as they are supported by the router.
    Thanks.....Edwin
Working...
X