Vista x64 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista x64 problems

Wirelessmon is not working on my system. I'm running vista home premium 64 bit edition. Wirelessmon will disable windows connection to my wireless network. I have also tried taking the step of manually disabling the WLAN Autoconfig service. My wificard will show up and is selected in the list of devices in the wirelessmon console. Wirelessmon will show no wireless activity though. I have also tried connecting to my wireless router through wirelessmon using the connect to an access point feature, but it says it is not able to connect.

There is some information about Vista and WirelessMon in this thread. http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...p?t=542&page=2. It seems to be a driver issue, mainly with intel / centrino packages. Reverting to an older driver may allow WirelessMon to work.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      There is some information about Vista and WirelessMon in this thread. http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...p?t=542&page=2. It seems to be a driver issue, mainly with intel / centrino packages. Reverting to an older driver may allow WirelessMon to work.
      Unfortunately, I don't think that is the issue with my computer. It is a brand new build desktop; built specfically for windows vista. I do not have any previous drivers. Besides, x64 versions of vista do no allow drivers that are not digitally signed for vista 64 to be installed.
      Do you have a time estimate for when you will have wirelessmon working with vista 64?
      Thanks!

Comment

We are doing some testing on 64bit vista now but i think the results will be much the same as 32 bit vista where the drivers will be reporting an error message of the device not being ready.

Comment

We would expect to have this solution available within the next 2 weeks or so (~ 20/Mar/07).
          Is it ready now?

------------------------------
          software reviews
          Last edited by 01PassMark; Apr-17-2007, 02:26 AM.

Comment

The latest build has a lot of vista changes in it, http://www.passmark.com/ftp/wirelessmon.exe, it should list the available access points now.

Comment

hi, I also have some prolem under vista home premium 64 bit edition. Every time I want to run it, it ask for installing. How to sovle it? thanks.

Comment

There are no known problems with Vista with the current software. I would suspect that whatever problem you have is not related to Vista nor the original topic of the post.

I don't really understand what you mean by "it ask for installing". What is it asking you to install? If you are refering to it asking for a license key after the 30 day trial period, this is normal.

Comment

Vista 64-Bit

With prior versions I had difficulties - disconnections etc. However the new updater version 3 seems to have resolved these issues.

Installed on Vista Ultimate (64bit).

Comment

What about Windows Seven? It wont work now.

Comment

We are not aware of any Win7 problem. What is the exact nature of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X