Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D test interrupted under Vista SP1

Hello,

I am getting this error when running BIT and Vista SP1. I have the screen saver disabled, and have set power settings to not turn off the monitor.

Running on a Commell PICMG CPU card with 945GME, 1GB of memory, and core 2 duo T7200.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Jay W.
    Diagnostic Engineer
    Comark Corporation
    93 West St.
    Medfield, MA 02052
    http://www.comarkcorp.com

I've found the answer to this problem. Apparently, when you disconnect the CRT, this error occurs. Must be something to do with the mobile chipsets.

I don't suppose there is a workaround? Having to attach a CRT to every system in burn-in could be a bit problematic.

Thanks again.
    Jay W.
    Diagnostic Engineer
    Comark Corporation
    93 West St.
    Medfield, MA 02052

Comment

Does it makes sense to even run the 3D test if these CPU cards will never be used for 3D rendering (which I assume they won't be)?

Comment

Jay,

Further to David's post, I can add that this error is a result of DirectX Direct3D returning a failure code during the rendering of the scene. This could occur on a number of different API calls to DirectX.

We don't have a work around for interruptions caused by removing the CRT connection.

FYI, BurnInTest 5.3.1023, that was sent to one of your colleagues included additional Level 1 trace debug information for this error code.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          Jay,

Further to David's post, I can add that this error is a result of DirectX Direct3D returning a failure code during the rendering of the scene. This could occur on a number of different API calls to DirectX.

We don't have a work around for interruptions caused by removing the CRT connection.

FYI, BurnInTest 5.3.1023, that was sent to one of your colleagues included additional Level 1 trace debug information for this error code.

Regards,
          Ian
          Thanks. FWIW, I removed the 3D test and have found that the 2D graphics test will fail as well with the error "No operations reported in the timeout period."
          Jay W.
          Diagnostic Engineer
          Comark Corporation
          93 West St.
          Medfield, MA 02052

Comment

Jay,

I assume you are using the 2D Video memory test. We have had a look at the 2D test and do not believe we can implement a work around with the current test. We could potentially raise a different error - but don't know if this really helps. The more detailed errors can be seen with Activity trace 1 logging.

You could try the 2D lines and bitmaps test.

Regards,
            Ian

Comment

Working...
            X