BIT Linux CLI -> RS232 port problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT Linux CLI -> RS232 port problems

I'm running BIT Pro under RHEL4, and am seeing some weirdness trying to test /dev/ttyS1. I've been able to test net, disk, usb, etc so far with success.

However, when I plug in the PassMark RS-232 loopback and run the test, it always shows 0 cycles, 0 operations, 0 errors throughout the 5min test cycle.

I'm running USB at the same time, and it works fine. Confirmed by inserting faults during the run.

BTW, I have confirmed that both ttyS0 and ttyS1 are recognized by issuing commands similar to:

[root@oscar root]# dmesg | grep tty
    ttyS0 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    ttyS1 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

[root@oscar root]# setserial -g /dev/ttyS[01]
    /dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
    /dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3

I've confirmed that ttyS0 works, as I use it as my console port to run the test. I just can't seem to get the test to work on ttyS1.

My config file has:
    Device ttys1
    TestMode Loopback
    SendReceive 3500
    BaudRate 9600

Anyone have suggestions on things to check, or additional settings I might need to make?

Thanks!
    Paul

Could you please try turning off any other tests in the config file so only the serial test is running, change the TraceLevel (in the logging section) to 2, run in debug mode using the -d command line parameter and send us the trace log and debug logs that are generated.

Comment

Working...
    X