Bootable USB (UFD) - Network & Usb :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Nosfer@tu,

What PXE are you using? If you are using WDS, you can put your WIM that BIT is in the Boot Images section of WDS. If you are using Linux PXE, I have no experience in that.

• Vista32 drivers for Win Pe 2.1 - I dident know they where what I should use.

1. The Vista drivers you need for Mass Storage are only needed if you can't see the Hard Disk once you boot into it. It is a simple test to boot into the PE and use Diskpart to see if you can see the drives. If you can, you don't need to worry about the Mass Storage Controller drivers. In my experience, I've only had to inject drivers for RAID controllers.

2. You may have made a typo in your OSCDIMG command syntax. Use this example from IcemanND's WinPE 2.0 Guide:

Code:
    oscdimg -n -bc:\winpe_x86\etfsboot.com c:\winpe_x86\ISO c:\winpe_x86\winpe_x86.iso

Comment

Originally posted by Tripredacus View Post
      Hello Nosfer@tu,

What PXE are you using? If you are using WDS, you can put your WIM that BIT is in the Boot Images section of WDS. If you are using Linux PXE, I have no experience in that.[/list]
      1. The Vista drivers you need for Mass Storage are only needed if you can't see the Hard Disk once you boot into it. It is a simple test to boot into the PE and use Diskpart to see if you can see the drives. If you can, you don't need to worry about the Mass Storage Controller drivers. In my experience, I've only had to inject drivers for RAID controllers.

2. You may have made a typo in your OSCDIMG command syntax. Use this example from IcemanND's WinPE 2.0 Guide:

Code:
      oscdimg -n -bc:\winpe_x86\etfsboot.com c:\winpe_x86\ISO c:\winpe_x86\winpe_x86.iso
      Thx sir, I will have to try your boot code sugestion there m8.
      Just dont understand why my UFD works, but burning to a CD/DVD dosent work, but I will figure it out.

note to self:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-6441e7e7f6ed/

WDS:
      I am using WDS, but I was not able to load the .WIM file into WDS,

I figured it was because I was in Win2k8 X64 and trying to load a .WIM based on vista 32 bit- Or so I think the Passmark UDF is.

My WDS died, the stupid disk I had placed my wmware files on went bunkers/died

Im back to square 1 now, So I just got a new Win2k8 x64 up and running.
      Now I have to DC Promo it, add DHCP, DNS and WDS.

Parallel port.

On my KT780G amd motherboard and in W7 the Parallel port works perfect.
      I can see via our dos tools that it works, it has an adress and is initialised.

My modded UFD cant find the Parallel port, not even in the drop down list.

Comment

Are you using \mount\windows\system32\startnet.cmd or Winpeshl.ini to start the Parallel port driver?

net start parport
        devcon install x:\windows\inf\msports.inf ACPI\PNP0401

or
        %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Windows\devcon.exe, "install x:\windows\inf\msports.inf ACPI\PNP0401"

Comment

I maintain multiple WDS Servers, including 2003 x86, 2008 x64 and 2008R2 x64. You cannot use a 64bit WIM in a 32bit Server OS, but you can use either in a 64bit Server OS. My production WDS runs the 2008 x64 and has WinPE 2.1 x86, WinPE 3.0 x86 and WinPE 3.0 x64 WIMs loaded into Boot Images.

Comment

It has to be the VIA CN board. I have several VIA systems and they all enable USB 1.1 instead of USB 2.0. No matter how many times everyone has asked for the change over the past few years, Via still doesn't get it.

The problem is that anyone building a board using a VIA chipset re-uses the same BIOS in the VIA reference designed. There are many VIA systems out there with the same issue. ICOP recently updated they BIOS to support USB 2.0, and they boot to XPe via USB.

-gillian reynolds

Comment

the same issue with NIC testing in winpe 3

Originally posted by Nosfer@tu View Post
              Hey Passmark.
              I dont know if it is the specific machine having some problems since I cant select the physical network card manualy.

If I try and use the standard test and give the adapter an ip adress to use for it self, I get a "time out whil ewaiting for packet".

Giving it an Ip adress for the machine running endpoint.exe doesent work either.

If I then use the dropdown menu to select ethernet, burnintest is able to validate and identify the network card, but still I cant get anything working except local standard test.

The local 127.0.0.1 standard test only works if I dont specify ethernet, but when I specify ethernet it is able to detect the network card.

I built a test image myself using winpe version 3 32 bit, BIT version 6 build 1025 .
              The laptop has 1 Gb NIC.
              No NIC driver installed.
              I set NIC test standard, set 2 NIC test , address 127.0.0.1
              It works. why?
              I reduce to 1 NIC test, it also works.

I then install NIC driver ( intel NIC), I use config menu to set NIC advance test by choosing the card from a drop down list; it fails with all tests from 127.0.0.1 to specific IP on the network ( packet error...).
              I then set back to the previous setting that used to work, now it fails
              There is no way for it to pass the NIC test except I load the first-time-working config file.

It is weird.
              This is not the first time I encounter it.

Anyone can explain it.
              The NIC driver works fine in streaming 12GB OS image to the local hard disk.

Thanks,

Thanh

Comment

The internal loopback 127.0.0.1 destination address will work with the Standard network test if the IP stack is installed in the operating system and the routing table for 127.0.0.1 is configured. We recommend using an external IP address for the standard network test, rather than the internal loopback 127.0.0.1. This is a more complete test.

The Advanced network test is not supported when run under WinPE.

You will need to use the standard network test. Ideally with an external IP destination address on your test network (e.g. your server or router). If this does not work, coudl you please let me know what the error message is in this case?

Comment

Working...
                X