USB 2.0 API and Labview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB 2.0 API and Labview

Has anyone ever tried to use the USB 2.0 API with Labview. I need to create an automated Hub Tester and Labview is my first available option.

The API was designed for use with Microsoft Visual Studio and C++. But any development language that can call a Windows DLL should be compatible.

We have had no experience with Labview.

Comment

This should be interesting then. I guess I will be becoming the expert..LOL!

Comment

I have been beating on this for a while and I finally have learned enough to make this run in Labview quite nicely.....but I have a question about the API.

It looks to me that when I call USB2GetBenchmarkResults that I get values returned from the last time I ran the routine, especially, maxRate, maxReadRate, and maxWriteRate. So I am also guessing that my avgRate and avgPossible are calculated on values that were already stored in the routine.

Is there a way to reset these values?

To give you an idea of what I am doing I am connecting a hub with 2 USB2 Loopback plugs connected. I eventually get to running USB2GetBenchmarkResults several times while testing each plug individually. I then need to connect the plugs to a different hub and repeat the test, with 'new' results preferably.

I hope you can help me with this.

Comment

These values, e.g. max rate, are cleared on loading the dll and on starting the test with USB2StartTest().

FYI there is sample C++ source code (USB2_DLL_Demo.cpp) in this download: http://www.passmark.com/ftp/usb2api.zip

Comment

Working...
          X