Burn-In Test Linux questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn-In Test Linux questions

I recently purchased Burn-In Test Linux. I am now setting up my tests and have a few question on its operation.

Question #1 - Network Test:
    I have two network interfaces I want to test, but when I select the "Test all available NICs" option, I get a "no NICs found error". If I test either interface by itself without the all NICs option set, they work fine. Is there anything else I need to do to test both at the same time?

Question #2 - Serial Test
    I have four serial ports I am testing in loopback mode. The test runs fine, but when I choose the cycle 115200 option, the cycle counter does not seem to increment. I am still investigating, but the cycle counter did increment with the cycle 230400 option. I got a failure at 230400, however, that seems to indicate my PC does not support that baud rate.

I am running the test under Fedora 16 (KDE environment) and it is running as root user.

Tom

Thanks for reporting this, Fedora1 16 has altered the way network devices are named so BurnInTest is no longer able to recognise them. We should be releasing a new build soon to fix this.

For the serial test, I've been able to reproduce this problem so it will also be fixed in the next build.

Comment

Tim,
      Do you have any idea when the new build will be out? I need to start testing devices next week. The seial port issue isn't a big deal, but I do need to get the network stuff working. Will it be ready that soon, or should I go to an earlier distribution? Is Fedora 15 OK or should I go further back than that?

Comment

We should have a build ready for you to try later today.

Edit: The new build is now available, please let us know how it goes.
        Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Jun-08-2012, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I'm using Fedora 17 KDE, and it is unable to find my NICs (two) which has brought me here. I noticed the downloaded LBIT is 1005 and your link to 1006 is not available anymore. Did 1006 fix this issue and where can it be downloaded?

So if I can get past the detection issue, my next question is how to test multiple NICs. I beleive the windows version has a "server" application, what do I need for the Linux setup? Figure below is two computers running LBIT network test, 101 to 104(listen server) and 103 to 102(listen server). Is this possible or do you have a recommendation on how to test both ports with minimum hardware.

Comment

Version 3 build 1006 should be ready to release in the next day or so, once it is ready i'll update this post with a download link.

The Linux version of BurnInTest can test up tp 6 network cards at a time but only uses the standard network test (using ICMP ECHO packets), so it doesn't have a client/server setup like the advanced network test in the Windows version.

Comment

Working...
            X