Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB 3.0 Driver Installation w/ WinPE

Hi!

I might not articulate this clearly.... So we do our BurnInPro testing by loading a WinPE environment from a WIM on our network. The WinPE environment has BITpro files and drivers that get run from a test script. Said test script was developed a few years ago using an older set USB 3.0 loopback testers, running under the driver revision 1.2.2.00, using an older version of BurnInTestPro (8.2, maybe 8.4?).

We were to install on these older 3.0 loopback drivers just fine, however we would constantly have an issue of the BurnInTest software being unable to initiate a test with the testers. It would see the devices, get data like the SN, device name, etc, but would frequently fail to initiate test. We recently updated to 9.0 and this has smoothed out a bit of the issues, but we are still encountering the issue intermittently. Note that we never had this issue with the USB 2.0 testers.

I purchased a pair of 2 new 3.0 loopback testers and have been trying to test out running BurnInPro (9.0) with them (hoping to address this issue), however we have been unable to get the new drivers to successfully install with our WinPE environment. The installation script keeps returning an error about being unable to load the cyusb3.inf file in the 3.0 driver directory, with <Error 0x80070002> being returned.

Do you happen to have any insight as to how I can troubleshoot the driver installation?

If you purchased the USB3.0 Loopback Plugs recently (or within the past couple of years), you will need to make sure you are using the driver revision 1.2.3 to support the firmware loaded on the plugs.

Comment

Right, that's the issue I am having. I can't get the driver to properly install to the WinPE environment. The older version of the driver would install just fine, but for some reason we can't get the current driver rev to install.

Comment

I've been able to install the driver software on my local machine just fine, its really only an issue with the WinPE environment.

Comment

What WinPE version are you using? Are you modifying an existing WinPE image? If so can you try to create a new image with just BurnInTest and the USB3.0 Loopback Drivers,

PDF guide to create it manually or using WinPEBuilder Utility.

Comment

Working...
          X