Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux BurnInTest serial port test not close port on press stop button

Hi,

Linux BurnInTest serial port test not close port on press stop button, ttySx will failed, but ttyUSBx is ok.
    If only open 1 ttySx, this bug will not appear, must open more then 1 ttySx to get the bug.

The attachment of picture will use 6 serial port to to self test. We can see "3_stop.png", when stop the test,
    the file descriptor will remain and not closed. So when re-run test (4_re-run.png), some serial port will double open
    and make the test failed.

Thanks

Attached Files

Are you using the latest build of BurnInTest Linux (4.0 build 1004), if not can you please try with the latest build and see if the behaviour is the same.

Comment

Hi Tim,

It'll occur on 4.0 build 1004 / 3.4 build 1002.

must satisfie all following rule the bug will appear:
      1: using more than 1 serial port (ttyS)
      2: "Must unckeck" Disable RTS/CTS and DSR/DTR testing.
      3: Using stop button to stop test.

Thanks

Last edited by hpeter; Feb-27-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

So far we haven't seen the same behaviour here in our testing.

If it's only happening when RTS/CTS DSR/DTR testing isn't disabled then it sounds like there could be a driver bug triggered by using these pins on the hardware being used.

Comment

Hi

I had try it on 4 mainboards with multi serial ports. They will got the same issue.
          The testing environment:

Linux code-H11H4-IM 4.15.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 24 06:16:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
          Description: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
          Release: 18.04
          Codename: bionic

Also we found the thread (task) will not destory when test "stopped" with status testing.
          Could you provide me debug version burnintest for me to grab more information ?

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

You can launch BurnInTest with the command line parameter -d, this will start it in debug mode. Once you have reproduced the error you can email us the debug.log file and we'll see if anything might be preventing the handle from being closed.

Comment

Hi

I had email the debug.txt information to info@passmark.com.

Thanks for help

Comment

Working...
              X