Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automation testing server

Hi all,

I am looks the way to build the automation server that can provide the pass mark burn in program via WinPE to the client

Requirement:
    1. DHCP server will provide the IP address and pass mark burn in program via WinPE to client
    2. client will able to receive IP address and load the WinPE to run pass mark burn in program after that. Client also able to save the log file after burn in to the share folder from DHCP server.
    3. All I want to use is Window, not Linux

Could you please let me know what equipments and tool are required that can use to build it? Please provide easy way since I am not good for coding and Linux

thank you

Please provide easy way since I am not good for coding and Linux
    Are you sure you going down the right path given your expertise?

I think you should be talking about a PXE server and not a DHCP server (although you need that as well). While it is possible, setting up a PXE server and WinPE and centralized reporting on unknown hardware isn't trivial.

Maybe just running BIT from a USB drive is a better, simpler, approach?

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

Are you sure you going down the right path given your expertise?

I think you should be talking about a PXE server and not a DHCP server (although you need that as well). While it is possible, setting up a PXE server and WinPE and centralized reporting on unknown hardware isn't trivial.

Maybe just running BIT from a USB drive is a better, simpler, approach?
      Hi David,

Thank you for your respond. Yes I will need PXE server since I am working for production and have to run BIT for 100 units as same time. I know it is difficult because I am newbie.
      Run from USB is a good idea too. I tried to follow below link to create one but can’t successfully. It is not clear enough for me as newbie. Could you please help to advise? Thank you
      https://www.passmark.com/support/bur...pe_builder.php

Comment

We think the WinPE creation page is fairly clear. It does assume the user has a basic IT background however. What step did you have a problem with?

Comment

Hi David,

Below is what step I did:
          1. Download Windows ADK for windows 10 version 1809 and Windows PE add-on from Microsoft website.
          2. Install Window ADK with Deployment tools and Window PE add-on with Windows preinstallation environment. Both into the same directory
          3. Start "Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment" to run command "copype amd64 C:\WinPE_amd64" to create WinPE_amd64 folder.
          4. Download "winpebuilder" from passmark website and unzip.
          5. Run "Passmark WinPE builder for Passmark programs".
          6. Step 2: choose Target "64-bit". WinPe version: "WinPE 3.0" . Window AIK or ADK installed directory: direct to folder "Windows Kits\10" from C drive
          7. Step 3: Selected program exported file directory: direct to Pasmark 9.0 folder . Choose "1-Mounts all available storage deivecs"
          8. Step 4: Add driver for loopback 3.0
          9. Step 5: choose startnet.cmd as normal
          10. Step 10: temp work dir: director to desktop screen. Choose USB flash drive then create
          11. Receive error message : "Error Building WinPE Image(3): Failed to unpack WinPE image to WinPE directory"
          Click image for larger version

Name:	WinPE.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	49904

Please help

Thank you

Comment

There should really be no reason to use WinPE 3.0 anymore. If you downloaded/installed Windows PE for Windows 10, then don't select WinPE for Windows 10 instead of WinPE 3.0 within WinPE Builder.

Comment

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your comment. I chose WINPE for Win10 and going to step 3. However, receive issue as below picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	12323.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	49912

I am trying to download msvfw32.dll file online and add it into passmark.
              The Building process was successful. But when I try to boot up the system from the USB flash drive. It was unable to boot to WinPE with message" Operation system not found".
              Could you please help? Thank you
              Attached Files
              Last edited by raphael0910; Feb-01-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I don't have access to Windows 7 machine to test, but I suggest you find a Windows 10 computer to try the install process.

Comment

Hi Richard,

I used Window 10 and able to create USB flash drive with WinPE. I still have some questions that need your help if you could

1.My testing system has two network port and I want to use BIT to test both network port but not connect as loopback. How can I set IP address for both network ports in WinPE? I tried to use netsh command to setup but don't know the name of network port to setup.

2. Does BIT has option to setup delay time after press the "start" button. Ex: my testing system has 4 USB port and I used 1 port for USB mouse but I want to test all 4 USB ports when running BIT. Can I set up 20s or 30s delay after press "start" button to unplug USB mouse and plug in USB loopback?

Thank you

Comment

1.My testing system has two network port and I want to use BIT to test both network port but not connect as loopback. How can I set IP address for both network ports in WinPE? I tried to use netsh command to setup but don't know the name of network port to setup.
                    Haven't verified, but WinPE should assign the first NIC the name "Local Area Connection," the second "Local Area Connection 2," etc. You might have to consult Microsoft's documentation for further details and troubleshooting WinPE issues. Note that only the Standard Network test is supported by BurnInTest running on WinPE.

2. Does BIT has option to setup delay time after press the "start" button. Ex: my testing system has 4 USB port and I used 1 port for USB mouse but I want to test all 4 USB ports when running BIT. Can I set up 20s or 30s delay after press "start" button to unplug USB mouse and plug in USB loopback?
                    There is no delay start but in the "Pre/Post Test" panel in the preferences, you can specify "Run external application & wait for it to exit". You can point it to a batch file that just waits for a period time and exits.

Or possibly, BurnInTest does have support for scripting. You may be able to write a BurnInTest script along with some command line options to have it start the testing without having a mouse attached. Check the "Test automation and productivity" section in the helpfile/user guide,

https://www.passmark.com/downloads/B...uide_Ed9_2.pdf

Comment

Thank you Richard.
                      I created the USB successfully now. My USB can boot up under UEFI mode. Can I make another to boot up under Legacy mode? Please show me how to make it if possible. Thank you

Comment

WinPE should support both UEFI or Legacy.

Boot to UEFI Mode or Legacy BIOS mode | Microsoft Docs

Our use of WinPE in daily activity is limited. For help with WinPE, consult Microsoft's documentation, that is probably the best resource.

Comment

Working...
                        X