Setting the BIT Certificate temperature graph time range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting the BIT Certificate temperature graph time range

It seems that the snapshot of the temperature graph used by the BIT certificate at the end of a test uses whatever zoom setting has been manually set. Is there a way of making the certificate always choose a timespan of the whole test ?

Might not always make sense. 72 hour test with 1 sample per second would generate 259,200 samples, but if the report only has 200 pixels in width for the graph we would still not be able to graph 99.93% of the data. What makes more sense, the complete set of the last 200 readings or a sample of 0.07% of the data from the entire test run?

Comment

Could the solution be to have a couple of selections, one of which is "whole timeline" ? My interest is because the PCs are fanless, so I am wanting to capture the temperature rise and then plateau on a test run over several hours.

Comment

We'll have a look at graph changes for the next major release. But I think there is a quick solution.
        You can change the temperature sampling rate from the preferences windows. If you know you are going to run the test for 2 hours. Change the sample rate to 60 seconds. Then you will have 120 samples and they will all fit on the graph. (exact best sample interval value will depend on a few factors, but you get the idea).

Comment

I don't think I understand the "200 pixels width" and scaling. I changed the samples to every 60 seconds, and zoomed the graph to the maximum and ran the test for 2 hours... you get what is below, which looks like it would show 10 hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BIT_log_210316_125012.cert.htm.png
Views:	153
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	50294

Comment

Currently the test certificate will display the temperature graph as it's drawn in BurnInTest (so if you zoom out that what's saved).

In the next build we've made a change so the temperate graph is redrawn at the end of the test to show all the collected samples and this will be exported to the certificate.

Comment

That sounds perfect, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X