Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT for Linux

Good Day.
    It need me to run 3D test from command line.
    bit_cmd_line_x64 can't run this test.
    When I wrote "bit_gui_x64 -C 3d.cfg -D 10", BIT starts and waits for pressing "Start Test"

Try adding the "-R <milliseconds>" command line parameter to your existing command. This should automatically starts test after specified value in milliseconds (replace <milliseconds> with a proper value).

Comment

Thank You.

Can I change parameters of 3D Test in Linux?

Comment

Another problem
        When I start Sound Test from Command Line first time, It's work correctly.
        Second and other times, without restart Linux, I can see error "Unsupported waveform for output format"

OS -- Astra Linux 1.5
        Command Line: sudo ./bit_gui_x64 -R 10 -C Sound.cfg -D 2
        In Sound.cfg only test Sound with Devicename=plughw and Max.distortion=10
        Тест runs with loopback between Microphone and Line Out.

Comment

Can I change parameters of 3D Test in Linux?
          No there are no settings for the 3D test that can be changed in the Linux version of BurnInTest.

Second and other times, without restart Linux, I can see error "Unsupported waveform for output format"
          So if you restart BurnInTest you still get the same error but if you reboot the system the test will run correctly again one time? Sounds like a sound device driver bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post

No there are no settings for the 3D test that can be changed in the Linux version of BurnInTest.

So if you restart BurnInTest you still get the same error but if you reboot the system the test will run correctly again one time? Sounds like a sound device driver bug.
            Sorry.
            I can see this error only, when I use bit_gui_x64.
            There are not errors in bit_cmd_line_x64.

Comment

The code for the actual sound test is identical between the two version of BurnInTest, the only real difference is the existence of the QT GUI sitting over the top of it so it's very strange if the issue is only occurring in one of them.

Could you please launch the GUI and and the command line version in debug mode (using the command line parameter -d) and after reproducing the issue for the GUI version send us the debug.log files from both versions so we can compare them.

Comment

Good day.
                CMD.zip -- Sound test logs from CMD (twice, no error)
                GUI.zip -- Sound Test logs from GUI (twice, the second with error)
                Attached Files

Comment

So far we haven't been able to reproduce behavior like this and can't see anything in the logs that could explain why the command line versions works on a second run while the GUI version doesn't. We are planning to to look at the sound test in detail for the next major version of BurnInTest, once there is an alpha build available (sometime in the next few weeks) we'll put up a link to it in the forum.

Comment

After error in GUI I see error in CMD.

Comment

Good day.
                      Another two questions:

1. When I want to change Log File Name, I cann't only rename default name (BIT_log.log). New name isn't saved. It's need me to write full path to log file (/home/user/..../BIT_CD.log) (see .LOGName.png)
                      This is inconvenient if I want to run the test from another folder with the same config

2. When I run bit_gui_x64 from Command line after tests I see process bit_gui_x64 in System Monitor (see System Monitor.png)
                      My command line:
                      sudo ./bit_gui_x64 -C ws-3D.cfg -D 5 -R 10
                      ws-3D.cfg in ZIP
                      Attached Files

Comment

1. This expects the log location to be a full path, if you want to use the current working directory then you will need to enter the log name using "./".

2. I believe we have reproduced the same behaviour here so we'll look into what might be causing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X