Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB3.0 Loopback Plug driver issues with Windows 10 64bit

Hi,
    I'm getting the below mentioned error when installing the drivers for USB3.0 loopback plug.
    "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 4
    Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

Do you have the new drivers for windows 10 64bit.
    I tried installing drivers with following information:
    Driver Provider: PassMark
    Driver Date: 8/21/2014
    Driver Version: 1.2.3.10
    Digital Signer: PassMark Software Utility Pty Ltd.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

What exact version of Windows you using (from the Windows system information app). e.g. Win10 Pro - 10.0.19043 ?

What CPU is in the box? Might this be an ARM based system instead of x86?

Are you running as the Admin user?

Are you running any "security" software that might be blocking a software install?

Was the error really code 4? People on the internet reporting the error with other devices report it as code 48 ?

Comment

It is likely that you have mistakenly installed the x86 version of the drivers on a 64-bit machine. Uninstalling the driver (delete) and installing the correct x64 driver should fix the issue.
      Please see the attached screenshot showing the same error when we installed the x86 version of the driver on a 64-bit machine.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, its likely due to x86 version of drivers on 64-bit machine. It fixed the issue! Thanks for quick help!

Comment

Working...
        X