Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the PassMark BIT software be redistributed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the PassMark BIT software be redistributed?

I'm planning on redistributing PassMark BIT along with a custom bit of software. I want to redistribute it without my license file and have the user provide their own. If they don't provide a valid license, the software will be unusable.

So I think I'm OK as far as licensing it concerned. I just want to make sure that I can redistribute it as long as I don't include my license file.

With that, is there any way to ensure that the license file the user provides is valid without running PassMark tests? I want an automatic way of detecting the license file so the software doesn't just pop up a message box and hangs until someone confirms a dialog of some sort.

You can redistribute the trial download install package that we have on our web site, giving people an option to purchase a license if they want.

By default there is no license file, at least not one we E-mail out. The license key gets entered into the software from an E-mail we sent after purchase.

There is no way to confirm a key is valid without entering it into the software.

Comment

Working...
    X