Scripting didn`t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripting didn`t work

I tried to run simple script but SERIAL and DISK didn't work(It didn't even show the running result),while MATHS and MEMORY are normal, what am I missing?
    If there is anything else to add, please let me know.
    The result of the operation is in the file.
    Best regards.

#############################################
    Test
    SETDURATION 10
    SETCYCLES 1

SETLOG "/tmp/bit.log"
    SETSERIAL "/dev/ttyMXc2"

RUN MATHS
    RUN MEMORY
    RUN SERIAL
    RUN DISK
    #LOG "Ending test script"
    EXIT
    Attached Files

Could you please try with the latest release (4.1 build 1002) as there was a bug fix that could be this issue (multiple RUN statements in script not executing).

Edit: Just saw you are using the ARM version, unfortunately we haven't compiled a release for ARM with this update so there is no available fix just yet.
    Last edited by Tim (PassMark); May-11-2022, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Tim
      I tried to use Run statement individually, both MATHS and MEMORY are executed.
      But SERIAL and DISK are not executed(RESULT SUMMARY No results displayed).
      What should I do?
      Any comments will be much appreciated!

Test SERIAL
      SETDURATION 10
      SETCYCLES 1

SETLOG "/tmp/bit_serial.log"
      SETSERIAL "/dev/ttyMXc2"
      RUN SERIAL
      EXIT

Test DISK
      SETDURATION 10
      SETCYCLES 1

SETLOG "/tmp/bit_disk.log"
      RUN DISK
      EXIT

Test MEMORY
      SETDURATION 10
      SETCYCLES 1

SETLOG "/tmp/bit_memory.log"
      RUN MEMORY
      EXIT
      Attached Files

Comment

For the disk test there don't seem to be any disk's setup to test, see the SETDISK command.

Potentially the serial issue is something to do with this.

We should have an ARM build of the V5 beta available soon for you to test that should have the script and serial issues fixed in it.

Comment

There is an ARM version of the V5 beta now available if you would like to try it out.

Comment

Does SETDISK also work in ARM version? I used "SETDISK ALL yes" but it didn't work.
            Thanks for the V5 beta version, but the SERIAL problem is still the same, does it need any other settings besides "SETSERIAL"?

Comment

Could you please launch in debug mode (using the command line parameter -d), run the serial test script and send us the debug log.
              Does the serial test run when you select the options in the BurnInTest preferences and execute it without the script?

For the disk test, when you launch BurnInTest and go into the disk test preferences do you see any disks available?
              What filesystem are the disks you want to test using, are they mounted and accessible?

Comment

Ok, the debug log of the serial test results is attached below.
                Yes, I execute BurnInTest without the script and the serial test works.

When executing BurnInTest with script, I don't see any disks.
                When executing BurnInTest without using a script,i can see "/" and "/media/ubuntu/74C5-8858".
                The Disk test I want is
                >>/dev/root, Mount point: /, Type: ext4
                >>/dev/mmcblk2p1, Mount point: /media/ubuntu/74C5-8858, Type: vfat
                They are all mounted and accessible.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I believe we have been able to reproduce the disk issue so we're looking into that at the moment, potentially the same issue is stopping the serial test from running as well.

Comment

Just a quick update, SETSERIAL sets the system serial number for the report, it doesn't set the serial port test setting.

There is an updated build now available that adds the SETSERIALPORTS script command so serial test settings can be scripted and the SETDISK ALL YES command should be working now.
                    Last edited by Tim (PassMark); May-30-2022, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I will test it, thank you so much!

Comment

Both serial and disk tests are running, I'm very grateful to you for your help!
                        But after the test is completed, the screen will stop (about Tue May 31 16:51:46 2022 in the debug.log), I think it seems that the test has been completed, but the program is not completely finished, so it does not exit the screen, what will happen Is there a reason to get stuck?
                        Attached Files

Comment

It does seem like BurnInTest has tried to exit according to the log, we're still looking into this.

Comment

I believe we have been able to reproduce this and should have a fix available next week.

Comment

Thank you for looking into this!

Comment

Working...
                              X