Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIT Closes itself when detecting temperature sources.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT Closes itself when detecting temperature sources.

Hello,

My issue is pretty much what the title says. I start BIT (i have tried 10.1_1004 through the newest available version), and the BIT window will close itself when the text "detecting temperature sources" appears on the bottom of the window. When i run BIT in debug mode(adding -u to the argument list), the issue does not occur and BIT runs normally. BIT also runs normally when i disable temperature logging entirely.

I have included all of the debug logs i got and hope there is a quick fix i can apply shortly (looks like it wont let me upload the trace logs).

Attached Files

Can you please email us the SysInfoLog.txt that was created when running in debug mode.

Comment

I sent the file that you requested! Thanks for the help!

Comment

I have the same Problem.
        In Linux (deb 11) and BIT V5.0 Build 1004 crashes in gui mode when i click on the Temperature Tab. When i use the cmd version no Temp sensors are detected.
        And for the future, please add a requirements.txt to the package, because there is nowhere a complete list of software dependencies for BIT in linux...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Exellent View Post
          I have the same Problem.
          In Linux (deb 11) and BIT V5.0 Build 1004 crashes in gui mode when i click on the Temperature Tab. When i use the cmd version no Temp sensors are detected.
          And for the future, please add a requirements.txt to the package, because there is nowhere a complete list of software dependencies for BIT in linux...
          From the log you sent it would seem that QtCharts is not installed on your system. For Debian the packages that should be installed are libqt5charts5 and libqt5charts5-dev. Try installing those and let us know if that solves the crash on the GUI version.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas (Passmark) View Post

From the log you sent it would seem that QtCharts is not installed on your system. For Debian the packages that should be installed are libqt5charts5 and libqt5charts5-dev. Try installing those and let us know if that solves the crash on the GUI version.

I doubt that that would be the problem :/

Code:
            libqt5charts5-dev is already the newest version (5.15.2-2).
            0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
            as sead earlier, even the cmd version does not work as expected... (no temp sensors shown).
            I can readout my sensors :

Code:
            root@AxelTestkiste:~/burnintest# sensors
            power_meter-acpi-0
            Adapter: ACPI interface
            power1: 4.29 MW (interval = 4294967.29 s)

coretemp-isa-0000
            Adapter: ISA adapter
            Package id 0: +42.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
            Core 0: +36.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
            Core 1: +34.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
            Core 3: +35.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
            Core 4: +34.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
            So at least that should work... and i can read my nvme temps, and hdd temps as well. so there are quite a few bugs in this new feature. and as i said before, there should be some kind of documentation what requirements you'll need for bit to run properly...
            ​​

Comment

So i have a new debug log, from one of our test machines, and you can see, that it detects the sensors, in the cmd line version. but in wont show any of the readyings during the test nor in the cert file :/
              What can i check to get the temperature readings ( and hopefully graphs in the certs ) working?
              Attached Files

Comment

Are you seeing the "Â" character in the output before the "°C" or this just a copy/paste/display quirk of the forum?
                The temperature output relies on parsing the information from the sensors output so it's possible this unexpected character could be preventing the temperatures being read correctly.

*Update* I've tested with your output and it seems to be parsed correctly. We'll see if we can setup a test system with Debian 11 to check if it's something specific to this distribution causing the issue.
                Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Apr-11-2023, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Looking at this debug log there seem to be quite a few graphical related issues for the system,

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
                  libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
                  Failed to create OpenGL context

which would seem to indicate that there is no available OpenGL graphics card / driver available, this could explain why the GUI version is closing unexpectedly as it would be trying to render the charts for display.

We have made some changes to this new build, could you please run this build in debug mode and send us the new debug.log.
                  We have also added the temperature output to the logs in this build (when the temperature test is selected to r​un).

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
                    Are you seeing the "Â" character in the output before the "°C" or this just a copy/paste/display quirk of the forum?
                    The temperature output relies on parsing the information from the sensors output so it's possible this unexpected character could be preventing the temperatures being read correctly.

*Update* I've tested with your output and it seems to be parsed correctly. We'll see if we can setup a test system with Debian 11 to check if it's something specific to this distribution causing the issue.
                    Nope that's just from copy/paste, as you guessed.

​Thats a different system where i tried to replicate the cmd problems in the gui version. and yes that's a headless system with x11 forwarding. so there might be some non working stuff. but a crash without any error handling is also a bit of bad software behavior

What i found out, is that in the temperature reading is working in some cases. but in my specific install environment where i would like to have the test run, its not ( the last debug.log.txt). is there any thing or any hint in the log what i might check? the gui version is actually not what i want to use, that was for testing / debugging purposes only
                    but I'll try the new build later !

Comment

So here are the log from the new build you linked:
                      what i still miss, are the temperature graphs in the log file. and it still crashes when i click the Temperature Tab in the gui version :/
                      Maybe you have some Ideas how to fix that. at least the temps are shown in the Log now. even though i would love to see some charts ( as seen in screenshots) rather then a pure number statement...

And what i also miss is a Temperature reporting of the other sensors, like HDDs and NvMe maybe even available board sensors...

Hope you'll find some stuff in the logs
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Exellent View Post
                        even though i would love to see some charts ( as seen in screenshots) rather then a pure number statement...
                        The OpenGL error is happening within Qt/OpenGL itself, most likely due to the X11 forwarding. You could try setting an environment variable "QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext" before launching BurnInTest, which may cause QT to try and use software rendering for the chart display but it's not a setup we've tested.

Comment

The OpenGL error is happening within Qt/OpenGL itself, most likely due to the X11 forwarding. You could try setting an environment variable "QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext" before launching BurnInTest, which may cause QT to try and use software rendering for the chart display but it's not a setup we've tested.
                          That worked !! THX
                          At least i wont get any crashes now. and i see the temp graph in the gui.
                          How can get the graphs in the log to work now?

Comment

How can get the graphs in the log to work now?
                            We'll add this to the list of feature requests as it isn't a trivial addition.

Comment

We'll add this to the list of feature requests as it isn't a trivial addition.
                              But in this thread i can see that the certs have such a graph.
                              is it only in the windows version?
                              And if so: why wouldn't you disclose the absence of that feature somewhere?
                              If you see the compare list on your website it shows that both versions have temperature functionality. and i would have suspected that the feature set is the same then...

Btw the help file for temperature is completely missing in the linux package.
                              Last edited by Exellent; Apr-14-2023, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X