Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BurninTest v5.0 Linux issues with testing NVME storage and RAM failis with error 259

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurninTest v5.0 Linux issues with testing NVME storage and RAM failis with error 259

I am setting up for production testing with the latest release of BurninTest Linux (v5.0 (1003) at this time)

Hardware:
    Motherboard/SBC: ASRock SBC250J (BIOS limits CPU package power to 6.5W)
    RAM: 8-GB InnoDisk M450-8GS1NCEM
    Disk: TS128GBTE670 128-GB NVMe drive

Operating System:
    RHEL 8.2 with kernel 6.1.11-1.el8.elrepo.x86_64 (required to support the Intel 2.5G Ethernet Controllers)

In porting from using v4.1 I noted that v5.0 is guaranteed to throw an error is the NVMe drive and RAM tests are selected. It doesn't matter if the command-line version is used or the gui version.

It didn't matter if swap was enabled or disabled.
    It didn't matter if testing a new partition only or the default startup disk.
    I can run for days with CPU, 2D Graphics and Network selected with either RAM or Disk; but not both. I was able to run all tests with V4.1 for days-on-end with no issue.
    I tested using 50% on all tests down to 1% for disk.This only pushes out the inevitable BUG of failing on a test that is flagged as INFORMATION; not CRTICAL or SERIOUS.

The BITErrorClassification.txt file being used is the unmodified version supplied with the latest version download. This has error 259 set to INFORMATION.I'm reluctant to modify this document because it appears to use both UNICODE and single-byte input.

I can create a debug.log later on with removal of the license key data.

Thank you,
    Josiah Standing
    Comark

Error 259 is a low RAM error. It isn't an error. Just a log comment to tell you the RAM test isn't going to do a great job as there isn't much free RAM available to test.

So there might not be much point in running the RAM test, if there is no RAM to test.

Solution would be to look at where all the RAM is being used on the system, to see if some can be free up. Or testing RAM by itself, without other tests running. Or test RAM without the operating system loaded, using MemTest86.

In case anyone else finds this post, the actual text of the message is,
    "Available RAM is very low, RAM test is restricted to testing only a small amount of RAM"

Getting the logs would also be interesting.

(Ed: deleted previous answer and replaced it with above after researching what 259 was)

Comment

The issue is that the test is failing for this. With informational I expected a log message; not a hard error that completely stops the testing.
      Last edited by ComarkSW; Mar-06-2023, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Please check for an email to the help alias. This associates the archived logs to this forum entry.

Comment

Working...
        X