Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get throughput, read/write rate, etc. information added to logs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to get throughput, read/write rate, etc. information added to logs?

Hi,

I have been trying to write an automated test to check that Serial Ports, USB 3, and Ethernet work and are obtaining sufficient average performance over a time period. (For Ethernet, I want to capture "Average Throughput", for Serial, I want to capture"Bytes Received" and "Throughput", and for USB I want to capture"Bytes Received" and "Loopback Rate".)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	142
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	55512
    I have tried, per the documentation, to use the SETLOG command with SPEEDS=YES, but when I look at the resulting logs, I do not see any mention of the speeds I am hoping to capture.

Is there any way to do this?

Can you post the entire test script you are using?
    Or at least a cut down version that exhibits the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Can you post the entire test script you are using?
      Or at least a cut down version that exhibits the problem.
      Sure. Here it is:

SETLOG LOG YES TIME YES REPORT TEXT LOGLEVEL YES TRACELEVEL A2 SPEEDS YES
      LOAD "path-to-config-file\_main.bitcfg"
      RUN CONFIG

My config file consists of the three tests I mentioned in the OP. Is logging supposed to report throughput speeds? I wasn't sure based on what the documentation said for the option description: "Include speeds".​

Comment

Can you check that the bitcfg has the 'include speeds' option is enabled as loading the config after the SETLOG overwrites the settings there. Or swap the SETLOG and LOAD lines around.

Note the 'include speeds' option currently only displays the speeds for USB loopback plugs (Read/Write/Loopback) and Disks (Read/Write)

We'll look at adding more speed info for other tests in a future release.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon (PassMark) View Post
          Can you check that the bitcfg has the 'include speeds' option is enabled as loading the config after the SETLOG overwrites the settings there. Or swap the SETLOG and LOAD lines around.

Note the 'include speeds' option currently only displays the speeds for USB loopback plugs (Read/Write/Loopback) and Disks (Read/Write)

We'll look at adding more speed info for other tests in a future release.
          Thank you! I am seeing speeds for USB now. If speeds for other tests are added in the future that would be very useful.

Comment

Working...
          X