Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Play fail - Old Celeron 850 Mhz system freeze

Hello,

My mother's computer freeze since a lot of time... I try to correct this problem...

I remove allways PCI card (sound, TV tunner, network....) and the problem is allways...
    I change the RAM (64x2 + 256 Mo PC133 => a new 256 Mo PC133) and the problem is allways...
    I change the video card (GeForce 4 => Geforce FX 5200) and the problem is allways...
    I format and reinstall OS (Windows XP Home) and the problem is allways...

When I try BurninTest, all tests are successfull except 'Video Play'.

I can run all the test (without Video Play) in the same time and all was OK, but when I run Video Play only or with another test, the PC freeze.

I can't do nothing ! The mouse and the keyboard are disabled !!!!

This problem appear without Burnin Test sometimes, when I run a website or when i don't anything. Sometime, I must boot 5 or 6 time the computer to arrive under XP...

The computer's configuration :

MSI 815 EP Pro, Intel Celeron 850 Mhz
    256 Mo PC133
    Windows XP
    Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200
    Directx9

Anybody have the solution ???? I don't know !!!!!!
    Help me please!!!!

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Mimi1er; Apr-20-2007, 01:53 PM.

If you can't boot the machine reliably and you have swapped a few of the main componets, then it isn't looking good. Given tha age of the machine, I would dump it rather investing even more time in it.

I assume that once upon a time the machine was working well. So it probably isn't a BIOS fault. You don't have much left to swap out. Only the power supply, CPU and motherboard are left and a system freeze might be caused by any of them being faulty.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to change power supply and after... trash if the problem is allways

(sorry for my bad level in English....)

Comment

Working...
      X