Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periodic CPU heat testing possible??

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it is possible to set up a periodic max heat test.

Let's say I want to run the CPU at max heat for 20 mins, then idle for 20 mins, then back to max heat for 20 mins and on and on.... For a finite or infinite amount of time/cycles.
    I need to log the temperature at all time.

Can I achieve this with a BurnInTest script?

And when I run the CPU at 100, it is on max load, and at 1, it is pretty much on idle. Am I right?

Any help is appreciated.

Yes you should be able to achieve something like this with a BurnInTest script, using the the LOOP, RUN and SLEEP commands. You could use a config file setup with the test you want to run and use the LOAD command or you could set it up as part of the script using SETCPU (more details are in the help file under the "Test automation and productivity" and "Scripting a series of tests" sections).

This isn't possible to do within BurnInTest, it will only be logging temperatures while a test is running, not during a sleep state or in between tests.

And when I run the CPU at 100, it is on max load, and at 1, it is pretty much on idle. Am I right?
    Mostly, the duty cycle doesn't correspond to a direct load % of the CPU, it means that at 100% the test is executing as fast as it can (which will generally load the CPU to 100%) and that at any other duty cycle level the test spends more time in an idle/sleep state (so at 1% will be spending a lot of time sleeping rather than executing).

Comment

Originally posted by SheldonCooper1 View Post
      Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it is possible to set up a periodic max heat test.

Let's say I want to run the CPU at max heat for 20 mins, then idle for 20 mins, then back to max heat for 20 mins and on and on.... For a finite or infinite amount of time/cycles.

Can I achieve this with a BurnInTest script?

Any help is appreciated.
      issue got solvedd!!
      Last edited by Richard (PassMark); Nov-05-2020, 05:46 PM. Reason: First Warning: Removed unrelated pam link in post.

Comment

Working...
      X