Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reallocated Sector count

Hi.

In one my hard drive there's Reallocated Sector Count "Raw value" 11. It's raised from 2 to 11 about in 4 months. I buyed that drive 28/11/2005. That drive is Seagate Barracuda 80Gt. It's Slave drive and only contains video files. Should i be worried about that drive?

Edit: i don't understand why this message is such a mess??
    Last edited by PassMan; Dec-20-2006, 09:08 AM.

I don't know why your post was a mess, but it certainly was. I have cleaned it up now.

The only people who really know how bad this is are Seagate. It is their hardware after all. But getting information from these big companies is like pulling teeth.

11 is a small number compared to the total number of sectors on the drive. And many drives have a few sectors reallocated. I wouldn't be too concerned if it was my drive.

But concerned enough to keep a backup of anything I thought important that was on the drive.

Comment

Count is now 33 and it's raising continuously. Is my drive really going down?

Comment

Have you done a scandisk?
        If you can do a complete scan it will tell you if you have bad sectors and it may repair them, if not, it's time for a new drive, I had 1 that was losing sectors and I tried to use it to just store backup applications but it was toast in no time
        ASUS M4A79 Deluxe (BIOS 3603) AMD Phenom II X4 940 OCZ PC8500 Platinum 4GB Sapphire HD4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 HT Omega Claro Windows 7 x64 ADSL 6Mbps APC Back UPS 900VA

Comment

I just run Seatools for Dos 'Long test' on that drive and result was "PASSED". Anyway, Reallocated Sector Count 'raw value' is now 90. Is that 'raw value' value that i should look at?

I really don't know can i trust that drive and is it going to fail any time soon?

EDIT: I just took off that hard drive. It's time for new one...
          Last edited by PassMan; Mar-19-2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X