Memtest86 v 4.3.6 errors [Solved]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 v 4.3.6 errors [Solved]

This system has lately been boot looping for unknown reasons... at least twice lately.

Q9550, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P board, 2X2GB Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF.
    Currently running the memtest86 and on 1st pass got a few errors on pass 6. Right now after about 1 3/4 passes - 89 errors on pass 6 and 1 on pass eight. screen shot follows.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Do you have some spare RAM to try?
    Or can you try testing 1 stick at a time?

Comment

No extra memory but I could test one stick at a time. That would include each stick in each slot?

Also add one error on pass 9

Comment

Ok checked the yellow slots the memory was in (1 & 3) each stick gave no errors in either slots when tested individually. What's up with that?

Comment

When you use two sticks together, they switch into dual channel mode, to interleave the access and speed things slightly.

So it is possible to get different behaviour in single channel mode compared to dual channel.

Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard, and you using the default memory settings in BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            When you use two sticks together, they switch into dual channel mode, to interleave the access and speed things slightly.

So it is possible to get different behaviour in single channel mode compared to dual channel.

Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard, and you using the default memory settings in BIOS?
            Well probably not.. I have it Oced to 3.91 on the cpu and mem like to 1104Mhz. same setings since I built it in 2009...LOL Latest Bios ..yes beta since about 2010.

Comment

At the risk of stating the obvious, maybe you return it to normal clock speeds and retest.

Comment

At the risk of stating the obvious, maybe you return it to normal clock speeds and retest.
                I agree it was done when testing the single sticks of ram by default.

I did run a test with the two sticks in at default bios settings for one pass no errors... I am currently running a pass @ saved bios settings @ 3.91GHz. So far up to test 9 and zero errors.

Secret answer may be the pencil eraser trick on the contacts in my case...and may post a screen shot at about 3 hour mark. I have a before and after shot of that mark

If I say no more that worked for me at least.

I say more I have now on pass 1, test 6, 150 errors...

Thanks for your replies David!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Conners; Nov-26-2013, 10:57 PM. Reason: added 3 hour test from 1st concern.

Comment

As removing the overclocking fixed the problem, the machine must have been right on the edge of being stable. It is more common to get immediate crashes or a larger number of errors once you push the overclocking too far.

For me oveclocking isn't worth it. I value system stability much higher than slightly better performance.

Comment

Can't argue with that Dave, and I agree to some extent. And I agree my system is pushed to the extreme for its platform. But for it to appear after basically 4 years after the fact..I'm leaning to your program as the fault...

Heck this typing cpomeout likethis usually.. ix yuou site befor trying to give advice...
                    Last edited by Conners; Nov-26-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post
                      Heck this typing cpomeout likethis usually.. ix yuou site befor trying to give advice...
                      Why is this? Why do Ihav to check ans echeck what is written?

Comment

We haven't changed anything in the forum setup. It is your browser on your machine that displays the form that you type into. There is no communication to our server while you type in your browser window.

While it might be easy to blame our forum for your typing issues and MemTest86 for your overclocked RAM failure, I don't buy it.

Comment

We haven't changed anything in the forum setup. It is your browser on your machine that displays the form that you type into. There is no communication to our server while you type in your browser window.

While it might be easy to blame our forum for your typing issues and MemTest86 for your overclocked RAM failure, I don't buy it.
                          LOL that's good cause it wasn't for sale...

Comment

Working...
                          X