Values for "Expected" and "Actual" are swapped during test 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Values for "Expected" and "Actual" are swapped during test 6

Hi. It seems to me, unless I'm wrong, that the values shown when errors are displayed, during test 6, are swapped for Expected and Actual.
    See this screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	booboo.jpg
Views:	880
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	48857
    The Pattern and Actual both have 1 bit set(and it seems like test 6's Pattern always consists of just 1 bit set), but Expected has 2 bits set. It seems like the Pattern and Expected should be the ones having the 1 bit set. Thus I concluded that Actual and Expected are swapped. If I didn't misunderstand something, how soon would you fix this?

Thanks.

Look I've more screens, hope this helps

Name:	_IMG_20201024_224302.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	48865

Name:	_IMG_20201024_230231.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	48866

Name:	_IMG_20201024_231805.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	48867

Comment

Name:	_IMG_20201025_003507.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	48869
      just one more ^​

Comment

Test 6 [Block move, 64 moves]
        Memory is initialized with shifting patterns that are inverted every 8 bytes. Then 4mb blocks of memory are moved around using the movsl instruction. After the moves are completed the data patterns are checked. Because the data is checked only after the memory moves are completed it is not possible to know where the error occurred. The addresses reported are only for where the bad pattern was found. Since the moves are constrained to a 8mb segment of memory the failing address will always be less than 8mb away from the reported address.
        Unlike other tests, Expected values in Test 6 Block Move have a different meaning because it isn't a comparison check for a certain pattern; Rather it is a comparison between values in adjacent addresses to see if it matches. If there is a mismatch, the value in address p is shown as the Actual value, while p + 1 is shown as the Expected value.

It is a bit misleading because the indicated address may not be the actual failing address, as described in the test description above.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post

Unlike other tests, Expected values in Test 6 Block Move have a different meaning because it isn't a comparison check for a certain pattern; Rather it is a comparison between values in adjacent addresses to see if it matches. If there is a mismatch, the value in address p is shown as the Actual value, while p + 1 is shown as the Expected value.

It is a bit misleading because the indicated address may not be the actual failing address, as described in the test description above.
          Sounds like Expected should be the value in address p, and Actual should be the value in address p+1. I mean, why is it the other way around? )
          Last edited by hackasynthetic; Nov-02-2020, 12:38 PM. Reason: of=in

Comment

Working...
          X