Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card 2 slot b 2 - 0 errors

Comment

The results on the below test were janked. I couldnt pull them but i suspect this is likely the failing card causing the crashes.

Card 2 slot a 2 - 3979 errors

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        Would have been nice to see the actual errors and not just the error count.

Unlikely the problem is due to the PSU. Maybe both slot and RAM are marginal.

The Msi z390 pro carbon has 4 RAM slots, can you try running the machine off the currently unused slots (A1 & B1). The manual might have said to use A2 & B2 first, but it should still work. (A1 & A2 will probably also work, but in single channel mode).
        My board says A2 and B2 on the ram selection screen

Comment

Tested card 2 slotb 2 - 0 errors

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Benjiman View Post
            The results on the below test were janked. I couldnt pull them but i suspect this is likely the failing card causing the crashes.

Card 2 slot a 2 - 3979 errors
            This is b1 after reading my manuel

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Benjiman View Post
              Stick 1 on slot A2 - 2 errors

Below are the errors i got
              This is b1 after reading my manuel

Comment

Pc seems to be running wit 1 stick.

Does xmp usually cause errors or does a good xmp stick never cause errors is my question here.

im pretty sure stick 2 hitting 3k errors im my problem child here. Thankfully stick 2 is on a lifetime warranty.

Waiting on psu arrival thursday.

Will see how pc runs with overclocks reapplied after psu is in as i am still kinda suss psu

Comment

Using XMP should just work. There should not be any memory errors just because you have turned XMP on.

Comment

New psu is in pc still has random shutdown on no OC settings.

Gonna test both sticks tonight 1 last time with lowered timings if i see errors i will claim on the warranty.

Do you tink its just the ram or the motherboard?

Comment

Pc powered off on ram test.

- could that be a ram fault / Cpu fault or board fault

Comment

Bad RAM can cause all kinds of bad behaviour. I haven't followed all the test permutations of slots and sticks and errors.

But as mentioned above I would be tempted to replace the RAM and re-test (or borrow some from a friend for testing).

Comment

Tested pc with another ram card.
                          pc still powers off with another ram card.

Sent pc back for erma.
                          They couldnt replicate the shutdown and they only ran 1 teat on memtest.

Pc was sent back with new liquid cooler.
                          Pc still shuts down.

Please let me know what to test so i can provide results that can hopefully find the fault.

Prime 95 gave a single hardware error. It was a rounding error which should be below 0.4 and was .4952496613

Please let me know what component you suspect is faulty as the card i used is guarenteed working 4gb stick from work which while using i still got the shutdown issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X