MemTest Configured Voltage Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest Configured Voltage Info

So I realize that while running a test that MemTest shows the JEDEC SPD information for your memory. I noticed it does show Configured Speed as the XMP/EXPO speed when looking at the detailed RAM info. However I'm wondering why it shows the configured voltage as the default JEDEC spec if its showing the configured speed as what is set in BIOS. Maybe I'm just too new to MemTest and memory settings though.

In MemTest my min, max, and configured voltages are all listed as 1100mV (with EXPO on).

In my UEFI BIOS the VDD and VDDQ voltages are set 1.400V (with EXPO on).

I know they aren't exactly the same measurement being stated, but it seems weird that max voltage isn't listed as around 1.4V. Anyone have any insight on this possibly being an issue?

Just curious how to interepret this. I'm pretty sure I have my answer from this other forum post, but I just wanted to check on voltage as well.​

I'm running a Ryzen 7900X on an Asus ROG Strix X670e-e with G. Skill 2x 32GB DDR5 6000 EXPO kit

Can you send a screenshot/ or a copy of the logs

MemTest86, in general, reports only the static timing information stored in the SPD and not the actual configured values.
    The only exception is when you are viewing the SMBIOS information of the module, which contains fields for configured speeds/voltages.
    At the moment, MemTest86 aren't displaying these values as they are written by the BIOS, which for some systems do not contain accurate values. We may change this behaviour once we collect SMBIOS data for more systems and determine with reasonable confidence that these values are more or less accurate.

Comment

I think this is the correct log file for my last completed test. The dates are screwy and show January 2023 for some reason, but they are from this week.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X