Inconsistent SPD info detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistent SPD info detected

Under: "System (I)nfo > View detailed RAM (SPD) info > Slot [x] > page 1 field [Type detail]" I see "Synchronous, Unbuffered (Unregistered)", but on the page 3 I see the field "Registered: Yes"

I don't understand why these disagree.
    Are they referring to different RAM attributes, or does it indicate that the manufacturer has written incorrect information into the SPD EEPROM?

What are the correct details for the RAM (according to the specs?)

Can you post a debug log?
    https://www.memtest86.com/tech_debug-logs.html

Comment

Some additional information:

The text "Synchronous, Unbuffered (Unregistered)" comes from SMBIOS. That is to say the text is set by the machine's firmware.

The value on Page 3 comes from SPD data.

So likely there is a firmware/SMBios bug on your machine. You could report it to the system vendor, but they probably won't care.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        What are the correct details for the RAM (according to the specs?)
        According to this Samsung m393a2k43bb1-crc they should be "Registered" with ECC.

I have always been confused about the difference between "registered" and "buffered" - are these one and the same?

Can you post a debug log?
        Attached.
        The txt file is what MemTest86 showed in the detailed SPD info screens.
        Attached Files

Comment

..."Synchronous, Unbuffered (Unregistered)" comes from SMBIOS...set by the machine's firmware...likely there is a firmware/SMBios bug on your machine. You could report it to the system vendor, but they probably won't care.
          I will report it. I have an ongoing email conversation with ASRockRack too. They have so far actually been supportive.

Comment

Working...
          X