Memtestx86 7.0 beta 1 strangeness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtestx86 7.0 beta 1 strangeness...

I had detected some Stage 9 issues with my system last week using 6.3.0 pro. I switched over to 7b1 because there was mention of some updates to ECC testing and the Atom c2000 chipset (I'm using the C2750).

I made the following test changes:
    Only test 9, and then a small range. Number of test passes set to the max I could: 999. After running for a short while and not detecting anything, I "reset" the range, re-enabled all tests and re-ran things.

I came in this morning, and it showed "completed" however, only with 140 passes. It also didn't detect any further issues with the memory.

Is the system hard-coded to stop at 140 passes?

I'm going to re-run the same test with the older 6.3.0 pro iso to see if I get similar results.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SnakeByte; Jul-13-2016, 04:22 PM.

We aren't aware of any issues with MemTest86 stopping at an arbitrary number of passes. We also tried to reproduce it ourselves but it was able to progress past 140 passes.

If you can reproduce the issue, please run MemTest86 from a USB drive so that a log file is generated. The log file will contain the current pass number as well as the configured number of passes to run.

Comment

Working...
    X