X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Solved] Passmark via RDP or VNC Session - Authorization required

Hello!

Evaluating BIT v4.1 (1002) Linux 64-bit on one of my vendors' new PCs .... I am having an issue connecting to the serial ports and it is due to BIT not being run as root when connected via RDP or VNC

when I execute sudo /burnintest.sh it fails with this message.
    Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
    qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display : 10.0.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	11 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	53399

It's fine (other than missing root access) when run as normal user

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	13 Size:	69.0 KB ID:	53398

Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop

I have tried exporting DISPLAY variable :10.0 and this doesn't seem to help.

output from /var/log/xrdp.log

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	12 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	53400
    I have SERIAL connection issues running BIT via the CLI and am troubleshooting this with my vendor but I would prefer to get BIT GUI running to introduce 2D / 3D tests.

Assuming we get this working then I would buy this license to go with my BIT ARM license ...

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Scott
  • Answer selected by David (PassMark) at Aug-16-2022, 11:38 PM.

Searching the interweb a little further, found this discussion which references this post and the command "xhost + local:" did in fact solve my issue it appears!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	371
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	53407

Comment

It looks like there is a QT configuration issue when trying to run over a VNC connection on this system, we haven't done any testing like this so we haven't come across it before.

You could try "export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=vnc" and see if this lets you launch BurnInTest., potentially the 3D test might not run under these conditions though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Tim ... that didn't help either.

Views:	389
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	53405

Wonder if there is a way to pass the RDP / VNC username / password to it ...

Scott

Comment

Searching the interweb a little further, found this discussion which references this post and the command "xhost + local:" did in fact solve my issue it appears!

Views:	371
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	53407

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. This will surely help someone else with the same problem.

Comment

Working...
            X