Adding Notes to a case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Notes to a case

Is there a way to add notes to a case, for example I had some details of a case of some items that I needed to look for. For now I using CaseNotes (http://www.qccis.com/forensic-tools) and then attaching the file to the case. The problem is if you can only open the file using the CaseNotes application. It would be nice to have a way to enter notes for the case and possibly have each entry timestamped.

You can add arbitrary file to the case, include text files and Word docuemnts. And the time the file is added is recorded, along with a SHA-1 hash of the file.

There are also bookmarks and the opportunity to add notes to each object added to the case.

But I guess you are asking for a quicker method to add notes, with an inbuilt text editor of some sort? Without needing to write a note in for example Notepad before adding it? Correct?

Comment

Yes, it would be nice to have some type of text editor built in. I am attaching files to the cases and that does work, I like the way case notes secures and timestamps each note but it is not portable and would have to be installed for someone to access the files. Just a thought of a nice to have but not a show stopper for a future version. I really like using OSForensics and recommending to others to give it a try. Great work.

Comment

Just updating a few older posts with some progress.

Adding quick text based notes is now available in OSF from the Case management window.

Comment

Working...
        X