Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSForensics 2 Searching Index for a Phrase

Hi,

I just upgraded to version 2 to fix an issue I had opening attachments/emails. This has been fixed but now I can't seem to search for phrases. Before "this phrase" would bring up results whereas now it produces zero results.

Any suggestions? Would appreciate an urgent reply on this as I am now effectively dead in the water.

thanks

Alex

Edited to add that I have purchased the software.
    Last edited by alexm; Feb-01-2013, 10:51 AM.

Yes I can confirm it looks like we broke it.

In V2, we moved the search engine function inside the main OSF application, as opposed to being an external .exe that was called. With caching this gave a big lift in performance. It shouldn't have broken anything.

It should be an easy fix.

The V2 index files should still work with V1.2 of the software. So going back to V1.2 should be a work around.

It is Saturday here at the moment, but on Monday we'll release a fix for it.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Yes I can confirm it looks like we broke it.

In V2, we moved the search engine function inside the main OSF application, as opposed to being an external .exe that was called. With caching this gave a big lift in performance. It shouldn't have broken anything.

It should be an easy fix.

The V2 index files should still work with V1.2 of the software. So going back to V1.2 should be a work around.

It is Saturday here at the moment, but on Monday we'll release a fix for it.
      Ok that's great, thank you!

I am currently working around this by doing the searches in v1.2 and then reviewing the results in v2!

Alex

Comment

This should now be fixed in a patch release, V2.0.1001.

Available for download at the usual place,
        http://www.osforensics.com/download.html

Just install over the top of any old release.

Comment

Thank you! All sorted now

Comment

Working...
          X