OSF to Vol Scan Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSF to Vol Scan Crash

Hello all. I'm so new to this so please bare with me.

I first used Dumpit to get a .raw for Vol. It scanned the .raw file but keep crashing near the end of the scanning process. So I went ahead and installed OSF since I am scanning on the same pc im having issues with. I ran OSF (Auto Triage) because I was not sure which other option to run. It created a .bin with .cfg file. Went to Vol and selected the bin file. Everything was going well but then the scanning process stopped at 99.99% on Scanning memory_layer using PdbSignatureScanner. Im lost and not sure what to do next. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Win 10
    32g ram

We don't use or support Dumpit, so can't comment on that.

What are you trying to do? Scan a disk Volume, or a get a live memory dump?

Or are you talking about the open source Volatility tool when you are referring to "Vol"?

We only provide a graphical interface for Volatility. So if there is a problem with the GUI we can help you out, but if the command line tool isn't working we can't help.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      Im doing a memory dump and Volatility Workbench is the tool I am using to read the Dumpit raw file.
      I am new to this so sorry for the mix up.
      Thanks

Comment

Current version of Volatility-workbench is here.

At the moment the stand alone download is slightly more up to date than OSF version. So you might want to try that.

Comment

Working...
        X