Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DiskCheckUp] "Unable to retrieve self test status"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DiskCheckUp] "Unable to retrieve self test status"?

Hello

I'm looking for an application to watch the two hard disks in my Windows 7 workstation, and just gave DiskCheckUp a try.

However, for both of them, DCU shows a red stop sign and says that it's "Unable to retrieve self test status". Likewise, it's unable to retrieve the disks' Model and Firmware infos, while SpeedFan has no problem:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	diskcheckup.nok.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	35141

Does someone know why DCU can't work with those drives and if there's a work-around?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Winfried View Post
    However, for both of them, DCU shows a red stop sign and says that it's "Unable to retrieve self test status". Likewise, it's unable to retrieve the disks' Model and Firmware infos, while SpeedFan has no problem:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]161[/ATTACH]

Does someone know why DCU can't work with those drives and if there's a work-around?

Thank you.
    Wait, wait... you want to "watch the two hard disks"?

Why not just open up your casis and watch them that way? Or what do you want to do?

Comment

I have only experience with a tool from a different vendor, but what you typically try to accomplish is watching the S.M.A.R.T. values in a sane way.
      Often S.M.A.R.T. reports the values as okay, but in deed there are signs of failures already which can result in performance losses (and even crashes because of possible timeouts resulting from that).
      Pending sector count for example is one of these parameters.
      However all these things may vary a lot between vendors and even models.

Comment

The post is a bit old now, but if the original poster wants to get to the bottom of the issues, then please run DiskCheckup in debug mode. (using -d on the command line) and then E-mail us the log file.

Also supply details of the hardware involved & how the drives are connected to the motherboard (USD, SATA, IDE, etc..).

Also make sure no 3rd party software is running.

Comment

worked for me

Hello

I'm looking for an application to watch the two hard disks in my Windows 7 workstation, and just gave DiskCheckUp a try.

Thank you.
          Had the same issue,started working when I shut all the programs and disabling anti virus running in the background!

Comment

Hello

Thank you.
            Same here, following the advice of others posters hasn't been of any help.

@palaadin: How does antivirus solved it for you ? I completely disabled mine and no beuono still :S

@
            David (PassMark): Where do i find your email ?

Comment

You can find our contact details on the contact us page,
              http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm

Comment

Working...
              X