Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I would rather you explain it, my PC is very old (desperately need to upgrade, which is why I am researching parts for a new one, and why I am posting here.) What is the system requirements of your benchmark? Anyway, is it really that hard to explain with words compared to me having to download, install, use, then uninstall a program?

Comment

System requirements for PerformanceTest can be found on the PerformanceTest product page.

Well, I would rather you explain it
      No point pasting in pages of text when I can just link to it, and you can read it.....

Comment

Is there a way to read these pages of text without installing the software?

Comment

Well the lack of answer on my last question wasn't appreciated, but now that is moot, moving on...

I downloaded and installed, no apparent answers. I ran tastes, two or three of which didn't work at all, one of which didn't close down right (do I have to worry about junk files from the test taking up HDD space from the improper close down?) So now I have test results I don't care about, no answers to my questions. I poked around menu options, no answers.

So in short, no answers, what am I suppose to be looking for anyway? (knowing what one is looking for usually helps in the finding)

BTW, do you have benchmarks for IGP? I tried to find a couple IGP and I could not. If you do not have them, why not?
          Last edited by TruePurple; Oct-12-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Not sure what "pages of text" you are refering to.

Comments like, "it didn't work" are pointless. It would be better if you describe the problem in detail (hardware used, software used, Direct X10 support on your video card, steps to reproduce the problem, log files. etc..). Anything else just makes it look like you are trolling.

what am I suppose to be looking for anyway
            We can't tell you what you are looking for. We really don't know. We suggested you try the software because you were asking how the software works.

do you have benchmarks for IGP?
            I assume you are referring to integrated graphics. You can find a list video cards for which baselines files are available here,
            http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
            These cover the full range of discrete or integrated cards.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark
              Comments like, "it didn't work" are pointless. It would be better if you describe the problem in detail (hardware used, software used, Direct X10 support on your video card, steps to reproduce the problem, log files. etc..).
              As I have said, I don't care about getting any benchmarks, I only installed and ran it because you said it would answer my question, and I was reporting the results of doing so.

Not sure what "pages of text" you are refering to.
              No point pasting in pages of text when I can just link to it, and you can read it...
              We can't tell you what you are looking for.
              No, what you want me to see. Surely you know what your talking about? If you don't, you can't ask me to know.

We suggested you try the software because you were asking how the software works.
              You ("We"? Am I talking to more then one person using the same login?) suggested I use the software for my answer when I asked you how you gather and arrive at your benchmark numbers automatically without anyone needing to do anything. I didn't ask how the benchmark software worked.

I would suggest you actually try using the software, then it should be more obvious.
              What do you want me to see when I "try using the software"? What should I be looking for when using the software?

Heh, must be a second person, since you talk like you just joined the conversation, and at that, didn't read any of the posts leading up to this point.

Regarding IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor, I thought that acronym was common knowledge among those well in the know with putting together PC's) You (or perhaps, "you guys"?) might consider making it so that there is markings next to IGP to make them visually easier to spot among the lists. At that, if you do include IGP, I wonder why my previous searches didn't turn up anything on two different ones I thought were pretty common.(I forget now though)
              Last edited by TruePurple; Oct-12-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I don't care about getting any benchmarks...
                Then maybe you are in the wrong forum.

Your posts are adding nothing constructive and no longer have anything to do with the original topic of CPU performance per watt.

I am closing this topic.

Comment

Working...
                X