CPU mark composite average 45%+ lower than others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by College Smart View Post
    Okay, a friend lent me 2, 2GB sticks of Buffalo premium RAM. I got some interesting but disappointing results.

First, the Performance Test results were a better, but overall still underperformed compared to other machines with identical CPU/Motherboards (not taking into consideration over-clocked processors).

Here are the CPU results:

CPU - Integer Math: 1249.9
    CPU - Floating Point Math: 1919.4
    CPU - Find Prime Numbers: 700.0
    CPU - SSE: 7.1
    CPU - Compression: 4345.5
    CPU - Encryption: 12.4
    CPU - Physics: 137.3
    CPU - String Sorting: 1749.0
    CPU Mark: 3158.2
    PassMark Rating: 1358.0

So it's better than before, yet still lower than comparable machines.

Here's the graph for write results:

Again, these look better than before, but perhaps not as good as they could be?

And the Memory and SPD tabs in CPU-Z:

So I haven't really changed the timing on the RAM. The sticker on it says CL5 so perhaps I could change the tRAS to 15?

Also, my FPS is identical to using just 2 sticks of my KVR.
    About the ram timings, CL = CAS latency. The CAS spec is 5 and CAS shows to be at 5. The tRAS spec is 18 and it shows as being at 18 so there is nothing that needs changing.

Bill
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      But I totally agree that something else is going on as well. All your CPU results, across the board, are now down a bit on where they should be. It also doesn't explain some of the other stuff you noted above.

Are you defintely running on 4 cores. Also check the edit / preferences window in PerformanceTest. The PT result almost look like you only have 3 cores available. Each result is now almost exactly 75% of what I would expect the value to be. Where has the 25% gone?
      Yeah, I checked it. Number of processes = 4. I also see activity on all of the core monitors in the processes tab. I checked to make sure the heat sync was attached properly and my processor was clocked at the regular speed and it all checked out.

Comment

Working...
      X