Intel - CPU Value Leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel - CPU Value Leader?

The current record holder on PassMark's Price Performance (CPUMark / $Price ) page is the AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core at 38.73.

Micro Center is pre-advertising the Intel® Core™ i5 2400 Processor at $149.99 ($219.99 less $70 instant, in-store savings).

If I'm doing the math correctly, that's a value score of 41.78 (6266/149.99).

Has an Intel chip just categorically leap-frogged over AMD as the best value for your CPU buck?
    Last edited by Richard (PassMark); Jan-06-2011, 05:50 PM. Reason: Corrected link to AMD Phenom 8650.

Just a note about the Price Performance charts, the charts compares CPU value (performance / price) using the lowest price seen (all time charts) or the current price seen (on sale) from our affiliates only. Currently, our affiliates consist of Newegg and Amazon.

While other retailers may be offering different CPUs on sale for less from time to time, we feel that Newegg and Amazon give a good indication of the current market price for a CPU.

Comment

I would also expect AMD to adjust their prices, and release new models, over time in order to remain competitive.

Comment

Working...
      X