Are the charts only for paid users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the charts only for paid users?

How did I just score 3rd for CPU? And why are all the Ghz on the CPU speeds so low?

Could be I'm looking in the wrong spots but I just downloaded the list? Want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.

Thanks!
    for i in [nerdy]; do nothing(but(drink[99, JLB],beer)); sleep;

The CPU charts are free and open to the public.
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

But there are also baseline files that you can download and use in the PerformanceTest software (also free to download). The PerformanceTest itself however is a 30 trial unless you purchase.

The reported Ghz clock speed should (and do in the vast majority of cases) match the Ghz clock speed of the CPU. What did you get and what did you think you should get?

Comment

I pulled off a 10,308 for my CPU Mark @ 4200mhz..

It's an older i920, so I wasn't expecting to come in 3rd place on your charts?

(Edit: oh that's not a tie for 2nd, so 4th?)

It does 4400mhz but gets up to 70deg on core 1 so I'm upgrading the water block to one that's "33%" more efficient, removing the GPU water block with it's extra hoses, and I'm adding a reservoir to make bubble removal faster..

I just wanted a baseline as I go and was super shocked at the result.

Comment

If you are overclocking then you really need to compare your result on the Overclocked CPU benchmark chart.

You should also note that you wouldn't have been 3rd in the non overclocked charts. They are just average results. So in fact there would have 1000's of results faster than yours.

A more accurate comment would have been. "My overclocked i920, worth $350, is nearly as fast as a fastest available desktop chip, the i7 980X, worth $1000."

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          If you are overclocking then you really need to compare your result on the Overclocked CPU benchmark chart.

You should also note that you wouldn't have been 3rd in the non overclocked charts. They are just average results. So in fact there would have 1000's of results faster than yours.

A more accurate comment would have been. "My overclocked i920, worth $350, is nearly as fast as a fastest available desktop chip, the i7 980X, worth $1000."
          That chart didn't make any sense when I first saw it so I skipped it and never looked back.. Reviewing it a 2nd time, I'm guessing the speeds listed aren't what speed the CPU was "at", rather the default speed for the CPU?

For the amount of money spent, an i7 980x in a value board with the stock cooler may be a cheaper solution. But it wasn't around when I got this setup.

Comment

Working...
          X