Please help! frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! frustrated!

hey fellas i just got a brand new dell inspiron15r with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-24010M CPU @2.30Ghz, 4gb ram, 640gb hdd and a 1gb nvidia graphic card.

the average baseline on the site shows 3000+ and my laptops performance test showed only 1060. I have no idea why is this so. and m actually a bit worried. Please help! Thank you!!

Check you are running the 64bit software if you have a 64bit O/S.
    Also check the power saving options in the Windows control panel and in BIOS.

Then work your way through this list of common reasons for bad performance.

Comment

In the system properties its showing that its a 32-bit operating system. can i convert it to a 64-bit os ???
      everything else seems to be just fine since its a new system. also the drives are quite empty and defragmented.

Comment

There is no reason at all to run 32bit Windows on a new machine. But several good reasons to run 64bit Windows, like being able to use all your RAM. Plus you'll get a higher benchmark score.

To move to a 64bit O/S requires a complete re-install however.

everything else seems to be just fine since its a new system
        There is no reason to assume this. Many of the major manufacturers deliver machines in a unsuitable state. Too much bloat ware and power settings configured for maximum battery life rather than maximum performance.

Comment

everything else like the power options settings is configured for better battery life and all that. Anyway ill try and install a 64bit os. Thanks a lot. appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
          X