Low 2d Direct 2d score with GTX 970/4790k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magical contact at Microsoft
    Yes, I was surprised as well. I did some sleuthing and tracked down one of the Direct2D developers. I’ve been coding in DOS / Windows for almost 30 years. As you might expect I’ve contacted Microsoft several times during the period. This response is perhaps the most intelligent response out of MS for the last three decades.

Comment

any news (fix or possible workaround) on this one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        Yes, I was surprised as well. I did some sleuthing and tracked down one of the Direct2D developers. I’ve been coding in DOS / Windows for almost 30 years. As you might expect I’ve contacted Microsoft several times during the period. This response is perhaps the most intelligent response out of MS for the last three decades.
        Hello,
        I have a Sapphire AMD Radeon 7750 HD 1GB GDDR5 (pci-e 3.0) installed on a pci-e 1.0a slot (working well).

I had the same problem with Direct2D score under windows 8.1 x64. It had a very low score near 5. I tried all AMD drivers however this score never increased.

What I did is, after reading the comments here, upgraded to windows 10 x64. Reinstalled the same driver (15.12) which I also used in windows 8.1.

Now the problem for an unknown Microsoft reason is fixed.

I get a Direct2D score near 30 (waooo).

Microsoft made me upgrade my operating system since my AMD Radeon 7750 HD was not working well on my PC.

By using Passmark Performance Test, we have shown that windows 8.1 has problems with Direct2D, on AMD Radeon Graphics Cards

Note:
        On Nvidia GT 240 no problem at all. I got a score of about 12 which is normal. I installed this graphics card it to see if it is a hardware problem with my pci-e slot, but it wasn't.

Comment

bump:
          any news (fix or possible workaround) on this one yet?

Comment

any news
            No.
            But we haven't chased Microsoft over the issue either. So it possible they did something and didn't tell us.

Comment

Working...
            X