Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RX 5600m hybrid with AMD 4800h reverting to iGPU during benchmark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX 5600m hybrid with AMD 4800h reverting to iGPU during benchmark.

Dell 5505 with 4800h and a 5600m. During benchmarks the benchmark will switch from the dGPU to the iGPU on several of the 3d tests. Is anyone else having this issue?

Often the device driver controls which card is going to be used, depending on battery power and other factors.

Which program are you using and what version?
    If its PerformanceTest, run in 3D tests in debug mode and send us the logs (instructions on how to enter debugmode: https://www.passmark.com/support/ptdebug.php)

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Yes. I'm benchmarking with Performance Test. It appears logs show that theres a switch from dgpu to igpu in dx12. Let me know what you think. I really appreciate it. Friend of mine with the same laptop, but different memory and ssd having the same issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs, it looks like when the DX12 test is running the available monitor only appears attached to the integrated card. There should be a "Switchable Graphics" section in the AMD radeon settings, you may need to add an entry for the DX12 test executable here (C:\Program Files\PerformanceTest\PT-D3D12Test64.exe) and choose the "high performance" option.

Comment

Working...
        X