Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

I just downloaded and ran Performance Test 7 on my HP dv2945 SE. It ran fine, but it did not run the directx tests because it said directx10 was not installed.

So I installed directx10,and then reinstalled PT7. (The install made a note that it was modifying the directx files.)

Now I get the error "The 3D test was interrupted or there was an error during the rendering of the 3D scene. The results for this test will not be used." ***(see edit)

I am a registered user of PT6, and PT6.1 runs just fine, albeit the scores are lower than in 7.

So what do I have to do to get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

Thanks,

Mike...

***Edit: and then the next window says "No DirectX 10 capable video device found." My nvida card doesn't support directx10? :0
    Last edited by mikeschn; Mar-03-2009, 05:22 PM.

Only 1 of the 3D tests use DirectX 10. The others still use DirectX9.

What O/S are you running?
    What Video card do you have?

DirectX 10 is only available in Vista, and it comes with Vista. You can't actually install it. So I am not sure what you are refering to.

Further not all video cards support DirectX 10. The older the card the less chance you have of getting DirectX 10 support.

Comment

I have the same problem.
      Graphic card: ATI Radeon 2400 HD
      Driver Version: 8.582.0.0
      Driver Date: 03 Feb 2009

Comment

As the first poster had an NVidia card and unknown O/S, and you have an ATI card with Vista, and didn't mention what error you see. It is hard to comment on if the issue is the same issue or not.

Comment

Sorry for this mistake, when I said "I have the same problem", I mean the same problem as the the first poster. I installed PT7 on my PC which has Vista-SP1 as OS, and ATI Radeon HD2400 as graphic card, and I've got the message "The 3D test was interrupted or there was an error during the rendering of the 3D scene. The results for this test will not be used."
          Is it clear now?
          So what do I have to do to get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?
          Thanks.

Comment

Something on your PC is preventing DirectX 10 from running. Despite being a slower card the HD2400 claims to support DirectX10.

Do the other (DirectX9) 3D tests run OK in PerformanceTest?

Comment

The 3 tests of DirectX 9 give the following results on my Vista-SP1:

Graphics 3D - Simple: 68.5
              Graphics 3D - Medium: 27.6
              Graphics 3D - Complex: 12.2

The driver version is the latest one from ATI: 8.582.0.0 (date: 03-Feb-2009)

Comment

Same 3D error

I am getting the same error as the other two users are, has the solution been found?
                I am Running
                MSI 790GX Platinum
                AMD Phenom 2 X4 940
                Two Radeon HD 4350 Crossfire
                8 GB Kingston Hyper Ram.
                Vista Ultimate
                All the other test run fine but on the Direct X10 it gives me the same error. I tried to update DirectX but installer said I had the latest.
                I haven't bought PT yet running trail ver. but as soon as I get all these test to pass I will purchase.
                Any help anyone?

Comment

If you take it out of crossfire mode does it work?
                  What driver version do you have?
                  If you run dxdiag.exe (installed with Windows) does it report DirectX 10 and does it report acceleration enabled.
                  Are you running 32bit or 64bit O/S?
                  Are you running 32bit or 64bit PerformanceTest?

Did you try any other DirectX10 applications. e.g.
                  The nVidia Cascades demo
                  http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ca...downloads.html
                  Call of Juarez DirectX 10 Benchmark
                  http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1642
                  Ruby Whiteout DirectX 10 demo from ATI/AMD
                  http://ati.amd.com/developer/demos/rhd2000.html
                  Ping Pong DirectX 10 demo from ATI/AMD
                  http://ati.amd.com/developer/demos/rhd3000.html

Comment

Also no 3d test completed for me

Same problem for me.

PhenomII 920, Vista Ultimate 64 sp1, Gigabyte MA78GM 780G board, Radeon 3200 IGP, Catalyst 9.3.

Demo ATI Whiteout no problem.

Comment

I'm getting same error with Vista Ultimate 64 bit
                      ATI Radeon HD 3470 Graphics Card

And even if the card does not support direct 10x shouldn't you get some value for 3D tests? If it fails, you get no results points at all for 3D at least from what I see

Comment

If you don't have DirectX 10 support then it is normal to get no result for the DirectX10 3D test.

Please do NOT just say same problem. As clearly is it not alway the same problem.

Please state
                        - the exact actual error message.
                        - the exact device driver version
                        - the video card
                        - the O/S you are using
                        - if you are having a problem with just the DirectX 10 test or all the 3D tests
                        - if the problem is just with the DirectX 10 test, then what other DirectX 10 software have you tried (see above).
                        - If you are running SLI or Crossfire

Also note that we have well over 10,000 people who could run the tests without an error, this is in addition to our own test platforms which show no unexpected errors.

So any problems are likely related to specfic system configurations, or specfic driver releases.

So please don't bother posting unless you are preapred to gather some basic system details. If enough people post full details, then it might be obvious what the common factor is.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
                          If you don't have DirectX 10 support then it is normal to get no result for the DirectX10 3D test..
                          Not what I meant exactly. What I meant was, from my test, if your card fails the DirectX 10 test, you get NO score on the Summary page from the 3D graphics (not just the DirectX test) and therefore seems your score would be lower than anticipated since 3 out of 4 of the 3D tests were successful. If you click on the 3D Graphics Mark tab you see the 3 other scores but on the Summary page there is no 3D score.

Please do NOT just say same problem. As clearly is it not alway the same problem
                          Clearly it IS the same problem. The only problem mentioned in this thread is the error the first user stated, therefore let me clear for you that my error is also a popup that says "The 3D test was interrupted or there was an error during the rendering of the 3D scene. The results for this test will not be used"

Please state
                          - the exact actual error message.
                          - the exact device driver version
                          - the video card
                          - the O/S you are using
                          - if you are having a problem with just the DirectX 10 test or all the 3D tests
                          - if the problem is just with the DirectX 10 test, then what other DirectX 10 software have you tried (see above).
                          - If you are running SLI or Crossfire
                          • Exact error message above
                          • ATI Radeon 3470 (not the best video card but it is DirectX 10 capable
                          • Device driver -ATI 8.591.0.0 dated 2/25/09
                          • Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate (using 64 bit Passmark Performance Test)
                          • All the 3D tests are successful except the DirectX 10
                          • The tests above won't run on this card as they all either need 512 MB RAM or a higher level card then this one (according to their specs)
                          • Not running SLI/Crossfire
                          Also note that we have well over 10,000 people who could run the tests without an error, this is in addition to our own test platforms which show no unexpected errors.

So any problems are likely related to specfic system configurations, or specfic driver releases.

So please don't bother posting unless you are preapred to gather some basic system details. If enough people post full details, then it might be obvious what the common factor is.
                          I must say that those are about the rudest comments I have ever had from a vendor representative on their support forums. I purhcased the combo Perf/BurnIn Test 6.x and this is the first time I needed tech support and in my opininon you have failed me. I'm sure your 10,000 users above have all paid for your product and you will be fine. I just guess the users having this particular problems are too ignorant to read that our cards are DirectX 10 compatible and to push a button that says "Test All" correctly.

Sorry for taking your time and now you can get back to your perfect users.

Comment

My comments where not directed at a specific poster, but at all the above posts. And I stand by my comments. Don't post unless you are prepared to post enough details that we can do something. Why anyone should be offended by this I don't know.

Anyway, there appears to be 2 problems. The initial poster's problem and the problem that everyone else had. The initial poster had some issue with an unknown nVidia card with an unknown O/S. As he never posted additional details we'll probalby never get to the bottom of this.

The other posters all had ATI radeon HD cards on Vista. And by looking though all the benchmark results we found that there is likely some problem with certain Radeon HD cards and Vista.

After looking at a lot of cards we have found the following 'bad' cards have a high failure rate on the DirectX 10 3D test on Vista. The 'good' cards show no problem.

Radeon HD 2400 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 2600 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 2900 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 3200 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 3300 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 3450 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 3470 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 3650 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 3670 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 3850 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 3870 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 4350 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 4550 - BAD
                            Radeon HD 4650 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 4670 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 4830 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 4850 - GOOD
                            Radeon HD 4870 - GOOD

It should be noted that the 48xx series cards are much much more common than all the others. So as the bad cards are not all that common, the bad behaviour has gone unnoticed for a while.

We are not aware of any nVidia card with this issue.

We have built a HD3200 test machine with Vista to see if we can narrow down the problem. It might be a device driver bug, or it might be an issue around the hardware missing some feature used in the test. We'll see....

Comment

My problem is resolved by your explanations and comments, and I know that my ATI 2400 HD is BAD, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X