Startup Error Number 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup Error Number 12

Hi, my computer bugged out and I lost all my "ProgramData". When I went to start up Performance Test 7.0 64-bit edition (on Win7 64-bit btw), I got an "error during startup." message with the error code 12.

Naturally, I uninstalled it and deleted all relevant entries I could find. After a clean reinstall though, the problem persists.

Looking through these forums and google extensively, I can find no record of "Startup Error Code: 12". Hopefully somebody with a list of error codes at Passmark support can help!
    Last edited by Simca; Sep-11-2011, 01:56 AM.

This error is a failure to open a file for writing in this folder
    C:\ProgramData\Passmark\PerformanceTest\

Can you check this folder exists and you have write permissions for it.

Comment

Hey Michael, thanks for the reply.

There is a folder at C:\ProgramData\Passmark\PerformanceTest and it looks like it should have write access. There were two files there (LastUsed.cfg and userinfo.dat).

I moved those files to my desktop (leaving the folder empty) and ran it again and got a Startup Error: 1 this time.

I can't find any record of THAT on google either. Any idea what that one means?

EDIT: YAY. I deleted the Passmark folder in ProgramData entirely and then did another reinstall and it works now!

Comment

Working...
      X