No announcement yet.

cpu error access violation at 0x7c91084b dual core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get precisely the same error when I run ALL tests. The test always crashes on one of the CPU tests. Especially the prime number test.

I should note that I don't get the error every time I run ALL tests. Perhaps half the time. But, the error message is always the 0x7c91084b and the 0x00030ffc, as the previous posters.

My system is brand new. Out of the box only 3 days ago. All premium parts and it burned in perfect for days in the shop. I can assure you nothing is wrong with the hardware, and so far this software is the only thing to crash.

My system uses the Athlon 4400 X2 dual core chip. You can see the rest in my signature.

Thanks,
    Robert
    AMD Athlon 4400 X2 dual core
    2GB DDR Kingston RAM
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo
    4 x WDC 320GB SATA2 drives
    Sony DRU-820A DVD
    2 x Gigabit ports
    Firewire, USB2

Comment

Yes, it is a bug in the Windows operating system. We investigated the issue in some depth. You need to download the Windows patch (see previous posts) to correct the problem.

Quoting from the Microsoft web site,
      "Without these updates, computers that are equipped with these power management-capable, mobile, dual-core processors may experience decreased performance or unexpected behavior"

----
      David

Comment

David:
        I'm confused.
        When I go to that link, I don't see any clear way to download or get the 896256 hotfix. Where is the link? It seems to want me to go off to MS Support, yet MS Support only will work if I bought and installed the O/S myself, not if the PC came with the O/S installed,such as my case.
        How the heck do I get this fix?
        Thanks,
        Robert
        AMD Athlon 4400 X2 dual core
        2GB DDR Kingston RAM
        ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo
        4 x WDC 320GB SATA2 drives
        Sony DRU-820A DVD
        2 x Gigabit ports
        Firewire, USB2

Comment

You need to contact Microsoft if you have a problem with their web site and their hot fix.

But I did see a discussion over at Anandtech about the same issue causing problems in games and other software. See,
          http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...14&STARTPAGE=2

There were also a few download links in that forum, but we can't vouch for them & you still need to follow the instructions on the Microsoft site.

-----
          David

Comment

This problem occurs on dual core systems when running the CPU tests.

Becuase a lot of people have this problem on their system and getting the patches from Microsoft and AMD was not so easy, we have released a new build of PerformanceTest to work around this problem. PerformanceTest V6.0 1012 is now available, and no specific patches are required. The new version can be downloaded from:
            http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm

Regards,
            Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Working...
            X