No announcement yet.

error and low score on T520i(i3-2350M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error and low score on T520i(i3-2350M)

hi forum,

got my Thinkpad T520i few days ago and running some benchmark tests.
    all runs without issue and scores are all within expected range, except passmark performance test.

running win7 prem 64bit edition and updated with all the lastest drivers and software from microsoft and lenovo.

when i'm running passmark, in the middle of test, i get the error message, something like "directx failed to clean up but should not affect test score bulah bulah..." but it DOES!

after the error, it goes on to complete the test but the score I get is about
    ~1500 which is about 1/2 the expected value for the PCs with 2350M.

(passmark database indicates that its base score is about 2900~3000)

I did took out the hard drive and installed crucial m4 SSD but other than that, no modification is done whatsoever.

can anyone help?

While the CPU does have some impact on the video performance, the video card is more important.

It seems this model Thinkpad comes with 2 different video card options. What one are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      While the CPU does have some impact on the video performance, then video card is more important.

It seems this model Thinkpad comes with 2 different video card options. What one are you using?
      thanks for ur response

the one i got has intel 3000 integrated only. some models come with NVidia chips but mine does not.

thanks and let me know if there's anything else i can do to help you track down the issue.

Comment

The average 3DMark for the i3-2350M with Intel HD 3000 graphics is about 300. (i.e fairly slow). I am not sure where you got the 2900 number from.

Comment

um... i was refering to this

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i3-2350M+%40+2.30GHz

i'm talking about passmark performance scores here...

(i did run 3dmark06 test and got the score within the expected range but that's for another forum to discuss as it's a different company...)

Comment

The link you referred to is a graph of just the CPUMark. Not the overall rating nor the 3DMark rating.

Comment

Working...
            X