Question on 2D and 3D scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on 2D and 3D scores

Would someone please explain or point to where I can find info on what components besides the GPU the 3D and 2D benchmark stresses? Does it have more to do with the MOBO/RAM or chipset? I am trying to figure out why a computer would have a very high 3D score and have a very low 2D using v9. If it looks normal please let me know.
    Rating: 2732.3
    CPU 7726.0
    2D 720.6
    3D 9252.6
    MM 2571.4
    DM 746.6

Specs:
    MB: Ausu P8Z77-VLK
    P: i5 3570K not OC
    GPU MSI GTX 970
    16 g ram 1866 DDR3 Timings 9/10/9/28
    HD Seagate 6400 RPM 500G
    Running Dual 1080P monitors

2D result also depends CPU performance, the settings you have turned on in Windows (like Aero etc..), the video hardware and the device driver.

Comment

Then I had my suspicions pretty much confirmed reading two posts.

Running dual Xeon 2670v2 I have pretty bad single threaded performance and that is pretty obvious limitation for many 2D and 3D benchmarks, not only Passmark. I have a CPU score of 22000+ but with my (primary) GTX1070 I only get ~8000 pts for the 3D graphics mark and 496 (!) pts on the 2D mark. Though I can say in reality, this machine is an absolute beast for 3D as well as 2D - I do 4-5K multichannel compositing in 32bit color and it's a breeze for this box.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmfield View Post
        I do 4-5K multichannel compositing in 32bit color and it's a breeze for this box.
        I don't know what software & method you are using, but the task is likely
        A) Threaded and
        B) CPU bound.

So CPU performance might be more important for your job than GPU performance.

Comment

Working...
        X