Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tests not completed

Hi,

i'm using v9 version and a script where all (CPU, G2d, G3D, ME, DI) will be testet.
    and it should generate a report (html + csv).

all is working fine, but it happen to 99 % that the G3D test is not been run completly.
    so the report file is not correct because the results of 3D are missng (mostly DX9, DX12)
    i've set 3 iterations and hoped, that it will work or solve the problem.
    only way is, to restart the 3D tests on its own again, and then save the report again manually.

is there a way to get it working, that all tests will run and only then, when all have finsihed a report will be generated?

i've tested of course the sample script as well, same issue.
    when i start all tests manually then it works zu 70%.

i've redone testing on 3 different devices (notebook, pc) and i can't get it working that all tests have been done.

thx

Are you calling the 3D tests individually from the script or using the G3D_ALL command?

If you are doing it individually try adding a sleep between the 3D tests (eg SLEEP 2000), some systems don't seem to run the 3D tests very well from scripting due to device driver issues which can cause problems and adding a sleep between the tests can help.

Just to clarify are you saying the 3D tests run all the time when run from PerformanceTest but not when using the scripting or that they only work 70% of the time when run from within PerformanceTest?

Comment

i'm using the G3D_ALL command.
      so the sleep won't help.

when starting benchmark on start screen it also happen, that not all 3D tests will be done.
      most of the time the DX 11 test has no result
      Click image for larger version

Name:	27-09.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	40592
      had happend on intel HD, AMD and on Nvidia card as well.
      only way is doing the 3D test and report manually.

at the moment i'm running the tests 3 times and generate a report after each run. maybe this is working (still testing)

hopefully you find a trick how to get it working every time

thx

Comment

i'm using the G3D_ALL command.
        so the sleep won't help.

when starting benchmark on start screen it also happen, that not all 3D tests will be done.
        most of the time the DX 11 test has no result
        Click image for larger version

Name:	27-09.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	40595

had happend on intel HD, AMD and on Nvidia card as well.
        only way is doing the 3D test and report manually.

at the moment i'm running the tests 3 times and generate a report after each run.maybe this is working. -> not working.

well i've redone the scripting and started the 3D tests all individually with sleep 2000 and/or 5000 - same issue.
        when the DX11 test starts the screen go black/flickers and thats it, then the DX12 test is loaded and this one is working fine as well.
        at the moment only 3d tests are been made, to figure it out why the test is not running smooth.

i forgot to tell you:
        Disable fullscreen optimizations doesn't help as well

hopefully you find a trick how to get it working

thx

Comment

This doesn't look like a scripting issue then but more of an issue with the DX11 test starting on your system.

You say you tested several different cards, was that on the same system (ie just swapping the cards out)?
          Is there any third party software running in the background that could be causing issues (eg any screen recording software, Riva Tuner, Afterburner etc)?

Comment

no, i've used different systems, but same OS version etc.
            systems are not OC or similar, no such software running.
            have done tests during night - and DX11 has no result.

is there a way for logging what happens during testing and send you the log file - like in BiT?

edit: now the funny thing!
            i've done the tests on a 27" 2K monitor - then the problems occured.
            now retesting on a 27" 4K monitor - is working.
            i'll redo tests on 24" full hd as well - results will follow.
            but on a notebook with full hd resolution i've had the problems as well. strange.
            Last edited by jsicd; Sep-28-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Yes you can launch PerformanceTest in debug mode, try to run the DX11 test and then send us a copy of the debug log that is created.

The resolution the test run at by default is 1920x1080 but possibly this a refresh issue and that the DX11 test is selecting a refresh rate not supported by the monitor (which could also be a driver issue with the monitor reporting that a particular refresh rate is available when it isn't).

Comment

thx for your info and sry for the late reply.
                attached is a log file
                hopefully you can figure it out

Comment

Working...
                X