Performance Test is using the wrong GPU only for DirectX 12 testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Test is using the wrong GPU only for DirectX 12 testing

Hi all, just purchased the software and I tested my PC. I have a GTX 1080 that is dedicated to PhysX and a RTX 2080 XC Ultra for everything else. When the 3D graphics portion came up, everything went okay except for the DirectX 12 portion. It used my GTX 1080 instead of my RTX 2080 gpu, so it scored lower there. I'm not sure why because it used the 2080 for all of the other tests. I tried setting OpenGL rendering to only the 2080 and the CUDA - GPUs setting to my 2080 under the program settings for the performance test in general as well as the DirectX12 program for it. Please help!

What procedure are you using for forcing PhysX on one card and other 3D on other cards.
    We didn't think this was possible to do this (and actually have it work with all applications).

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      What procedure are you using for forcing PhysX on one card and other 3D on other cards.
      We didn't think this was possible to do this (and actually have it work with all applications).
      It is dedicated to PhysX via NVIDIA settings. So during the graphics benchmark, it used the 2080 for all of the tests except for DirectX12. When it launches it shows that the 1080 is currently being used and at the end of the entire benchmark where I was about to upload it to the website it also said that the 1080 was being used on that one test. It's very peculiar, for sure.
      Attached Files

Comment

Never heard of this being done with a video card. (It seems there was a hardware card called a "PhysX PPU" that could only do PhysX, so that kind of makes some sense).

So if Nvidia control panel allows you to dedicate a card to PhysX why did the device driver allow other tasks to run on the card?
        Do you even have a display connected to this 1080 card if it only does PhysX?
        It also isn't clear from Nvidia control panel if the 2080 can also be used for PhysX. I suspect it can, and there might be zero benefit to the additional 1080 card.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
          Never heard of this being done with a video card. (It seems there was a hardware card called a "PhysX PPU" that could only do PhysX, so that kind of makes some sense).

So if Nvidia control panel allows you to dedicate a card to PhysX why did the device driver allow other tasks to run on the card?
          Do you even have a display connected to this 1080 card if it only does PhysX?
          It also isn't clear from Nvidia control panel if the 2080 can also be used for PhysX. I suspect it can, and there might be zero benefit to the additional 1080 card.
          Yes I have my second monitor connected to the 1080 to save every bit of power from the 2080 as it is dedicated to my 4K monitor. So even though it is dedicated to PhysX it still powers only that monitor. I have even tried right clicking on the program and rendering OpenGL only on the 2080 but it still does not work correctly. I can try to remove the 1080 just for testing purposes but I still wonder why it runs all tests on the 2080 except the one that matters most, lol!!

***EDIT***
          I fixed the issue! I simply unplugged my second monitor from the 1080 and reran the DirectX12 test and it utilized the 2080. Thank you for trying, though!

Comment

Working...
          X