System Reboot Only During DirectX 10 Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Reboot Only During DirectX 10 Test

I noticed someone had a similar post a little while back but they never indicated if anything was resolved. I would appreciate any insight anyone has and thanks.

My system reboots without fail every time only during the DirectX 10 test. I have stress tested the GPU with other software, the CPU with Prime95 and more and no fails. I thought for sure it was the graphics card but I returned it for the same model and have the same result.

Components:
    i7-9700k
    ASRock Z390 Pro4
    GSkill Ripjaws 32GB CL16 RAM
    Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSD
    MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus

Thanks much

Are the video card device drivers up to date.
    There has been a lot of problems with 3rd party software crashing games & apps by trying to run on screen overlays, live streaming, or screen recording.
    Is your PSU adequate?

Comment

Apologies and thank you for the response. I had tried everything except the PSU and I would confidently say that it’s faulty. It was the CX750M and seemed sufficient but after trying a 650 watt alternate model, the problem vanished.

Thanks again

Comment

Shame you didn't have our inline PSU tester. You might have found the problem straight away

Comment

I will take a look. Thanks for the recommendation and replies! Love the software and your benchmark section is my bible. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X